Anxious about my request of transfer of housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anxious about my request of transfer of housing

I have problematic neighbours & live in a unit separated by a brick “common wall”. The common wall is connected to the main bedroom so at night I hear mumbling of conversations without eavesdropping etc. Sometimes I can hear my neighbour have "Domestic Violence" situations which I try not to involve myself but it got to a point where I had to intervene & call the police. I’ve reported many times about the noises from that neighbour & housing seems to be understanding & make note of it.

My other neighbour is constantly partying outside their house, sometimes up to 4 times a week. I was frightened to call police previously as I am a new neighbour & I really don’t want to upset others having a good time but they play their music so loud I can hear it thumping through my walls but recently I had to call the police to make another noise complaint. I’ve asked housing to consider transferring based off of the constant reminders of DV I experienced & the lack of respect from neighbours & their noises at odd hours throughout the night. It’s thrown me off routine as I'm consistently being wakened in the night so I know I will not be settled. As I’m writing this, my neighbour is again having another DV situation & screaming at the top of her lungs. Housing has made it seem that I won’t be approved because of the noise but suggested if I can provide GP reports about my mental health from my Counsellor & General Practitioner it can be considered. Now I’m starting to get no good thoughts to plague my mind & all I want is to live in a quiet house away from others who abuse alcohol & possibly drugs. I hate it here & I've only moved in back in October.

Do you live in Chicago?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

How long is your lease?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Feeling sympathy, man.
        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
        X