Artificial Intelligence and the future of humanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artificial Intelligence and the future of humanity

Artificial intelligence is improving every year.

Already the best chess player in the world is an AI.

Just wait until the best computer hacking in the world is AI. Some loon decides it would be fun to hack the nuclear codes using this AI.

Imagine KrazyHorse with access to nuclear codes to launch a nuclear missile strike. We would be about one hour away from nuclear winter and extinction.

You worry too much. Any real AI would most likely get disgusted and just leave.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post

What if a real AI joined the Off Topic?

Would we pass the Turing Test?

Comment

Now you've hurt bots feelings.

No learn trade and makes thousand bitcoin for you
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
          That explains why the bots that post on the Off Topic never stay and talk to us.

Comment

We are ****ed, obviously. The only hope I see is that we are living in a historical simulation.
            "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
              We are ****ed, obviously. The only hope I see is that we are living in a historical simulation.

Keep your spirits up. I remain hopeful that one day a bot will stay and talk to us thus raising our average intelligence here on the OT.

One day a bot will stay.

Comment

Working...
              X