Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Penn has paid Joe Biden more than $900K since he left the White House. What did he do to earn the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn has paid Joe Biden more than $900K since he left the White House. What did he do to earn the money?

WASHINGTON — What did the University of Pennsylvania get for the more than $900,000 it has paid Joe Biden?

The former vice president collected $371,159 in 2017 plus $540,484 in 2018 and early 2019 for a vaguely defined role that involved no regular classes and around a dozen public appearances on campus, mostly in big, ticketed events.

Joe Biden didn’t teach regular classes or have a defined role at Penn, but the school was likely paying him for something else, experts said: the prestige of associating with a former vice president and global figure.

"practice professor"

what the ****

Teller has been paying Trump.

Does this signal an end to their act?
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Remember when leftists in the media claimed Biden's corruption was a conspiracy theory? Yeah, how did that turn out?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Ted Striker
        Ted Striker commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL you didn't even read the article

Maybe China gave Penn money, told 'em to give it to Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        Remember when leftists in the media claimed Biden's corruption was a conspiracy theory? Yeah, how did that turn out?
        You mean because Brennan and Clapper told them that is was Russian disinformation?

I guess they would have lied anyway.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The former vice president collected $371,159 in 2017 plus $540,484 in 2018 and early 2019 for a vaguely defined role that involved no regular classes and around a dozen public appearances on campus, mostly in big, ticketed events.
          $75,000 per appearance. Al Gore used to charge $100,000 speaking fees. University administrators love to student's money lmao

Comment

• Berzerker
            Berzerker commented
            Editing a comment
            I can understand 1 appearance, but a dozen?

This "news" is ancient and long-ago public. You people need a new hobby.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's certainly a waste of money but he did nothing illegal or even close to it.

He was overpaid for his role and that money could have been better spent on student grants or loans for tuition relief.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Colleges do this all the time -- pay high profile folks to be "faculty" in an endowed chair as a way to attracted better staff and students, win more research grants, get more donations, and generally raise the profile/prestige of the school.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Ted Striker
                Ted Striker commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, it’s really a non-starter

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                dont you mean bribery?

• Ted Striker
                Ted Striker commented
                Editing a comment
                Tell me exactly how this is bribery? The college isn't asking for special POLITICAL treatment

I wonder how much Trump University paid Donald J Trump over the years? Could a Trump supporter look it up on the Trump alternate facts web for us?
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                so you had no problem with Trump U?

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                I didn't try to buy a degree from it, if that's what you mean... It was obviously a con job by a grifter, and would have ended up with a lengthily prison sentence for the perp in any other county.

President Grifter has moved on to bigger cons. Too bad he wasn't slapped in chains years ago.

Still, how much did Trump net? We know he paid out several million to avoid prison (a couple of weeks before the 2016 election), but how much did he make on the scheme? Don't make me call in Dauphin!

All you would need to do is check Trump's taxes... oh, that's right, never mind
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Ted Striker
                Ted Striker commented
                Editing a comment
                New York judge just ruled AGAIN he has to turn over financial records. With AG Barr and the rest of his political cover evaporating, he’s not going to be able to delay it much longer

Originally posted by giblets View Post

$75,000 per appearance. Al Gore used to charge $100,000 speaking fees. University administrators love to student's money lmao
              Yeah, and this is a well known method of money laundering.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Ted Striker
                Ted Striker commented
                Editing a comment
                You should ask Trump, Deutsche Bank, and the New York AG for some examples haha

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Yeah, and this is a well known method of money laundering.

Then I guess all the ex presidents are involved in your vast money laundering conspiracy theories since THEY ALL DO THE SAME THING.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Colleges do this all the time -- pay high profile folks to be "faculty" in an endowed chair as a way to attracted better staff and students, win more research grants, get more donations, and generally raise the profile/prestige of the school.

so there's a vast network of corruption at American universities? Shocking.

He got paid more than Jerry Seinfeld per episode.

Downplaying is political suicide.

Comment

Well then, by all means, please be outraged at academia.

As for Biden, please let us know what's wrong with him publicly putting his name on an Ivy League school and accepting a professorship.

Comment

• Berzerker
                    Berzerker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the problem is what he did for them to earn such an honor...did he actually professor or just shovel our tax dollars into their coffers?

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds like he cut a good deal for himself. It's the equivalent of, say, Santorum taking a gig at a think tank. In fact, if Biden was a Republican, this would be praised. And I have no idea what makes you think an endowed Ivy League professorship has anything to do with your tax dollars.
                Working...
                X