X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral College Watch Thread

This will be fun, I tell ya *popcorn*
    Blah

Tho I'm a bit concerned about them faceless electors. This clearly violates the "one face, one vote" rule
    Blah

Comment

Revealed: they're voting already in some states
      Blah

Comment

Update: Trump is in the lead, but Illinois had the temerity to vote for Biden just because he won the state!
        Blah

Comment

With his current lead, there’s no way Trump can lose

unless, there is massive election

voting
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

All these state electors are voting for the same guy. That’s statistically impossible!
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Yeah, there's something reaaalllly nefarious going on here.
              Blah

Comment

The results were decided weeks before this vote. RIGGED!
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I wonder if the Republicans are going to say that all the electors that voted for Biden should be taken out and shot at dawn...
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Minutes ago Trump was still in the lead, now it's Biden. Waaaah? This should go to the Supreme Court
                    Blah

Comment

45 has sent his electors.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

“[I]f the two Houses shall disagree in respect of the counting of such votes,” the Electoral Count Act of 1887 states, “then, and in that case, the votes of the electors whose appointment shall have been certified by the executive of the State, under the seal thereof, shall be counted.”

Of course all governors have certified their electors for Biden's win, as is good and proper.

Even if Republican senators do not stand up to the Kim-want-to-be, which I think enough will do (Romney and Sasse, for example, and probably many others), the House and the Governors have still kept us from falling into despotism.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                          “[I]f the two Houses shall disagree in respect of the counting of such votes,” the Electoral Count Act of 1887 states, “then, and in that case, the votes of the electors whose appointment shall have been certified by the executive of the State, under the seal thereof, shall be counted.”

Of course all governors have certified their electors for Biden's win, as is good and proper.

Even if Republican senators do not stand up to the Kim-want-to-be, which I think enough will do (Romney and Sasse, for example, and probably many others), the House and the Governors have still kept us from falling into despotism.

JM
                          It's ultimately up to Congress because the Senate could choose Trumps electors based on court decisions that might happen between now and 1/6.

Comment

Judge has order the audit of voting machines to be released with redactions. The audit shows that votes were switched from Trump to Biden.

"Michigan judge allows release of report from Dominion voting equipment forensic audit in Antrim County

By Zachary Halaschak
                            December 14, 2020 - 11:05 AM

A judge in Michigan ruled the findings from a “forensic audit” of Dominion Voting Systems machines can be released to the public, with some redactions.

Attorneys from Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson’s office agreed with the ruling by Michigan Circuit Court Judge Kevin Elsenheimer on Monday, although her office said that Matt DePerno, who is representing an Antrim County resident who filed a lawsuit alleging electoral malfeasance, is being misleading with his characterization of the findings in the preliminary report. The hearing took place on the same day that Michigan's presidential electors were set to convene in Lansing, as were electors in states across the country.

In the virtual court hearing, which was watched online by thousands of people, DePerno argued that the public interest in the case was high and that his report about the forensic audit of the Dominion machines should be released.

“We believe that the public interest in understanding what we discovered and what’s in the report would outweigh any potential harm to Dominion’s software,” the attorney said.

DePerno said that securing the integrity of the electoral process “is a greater public interest in this case than any potential issues related to Dominion software.”

Erik Grill, the assistant attorney general for Michigan, began his oral arguments by attacking DePerno over accusations that he provided information about his report on Dominion machines prior to the removal of a protective order issued by Elsenheimer earlier this month.

Grill told the court that DePerno has been giving interviews in which he has “discussed the content” of the report in “direct violation” of the court’s protective order.

The judge noted that the parties weren’t in court on Monday to discuss potential violations of the protective order but were rather there to discuss the merits of releasing the report. He said the state was welcome to lodge a complaint with DePerno at another point.

Grill claimed that Benson was fine with allowing DePerno to deliver his report as long as the secretary is equally free to explain why the report is “inaccurate, incomplete, and misleading.”

Grill said that because DePerno has claimed that Benson lied, “any effort by the secretary at this point to withhold the report would be seen as an effort to hide." He added that there isn’t a reason to hide because “there is nothing to hide.”

“He has stated that the report proves that the secretary of state lied. He has stated that he’s asked the Senate majority leader to set aside the electors and appoint new electors based on what he found,” Grill said.

The state had previously warned about a “group” of bad-faith actors who sought to spread disinformation about the voting software.

The judge ruled that the report can be released, although certain exhibits, described as “code,” must be redacted and Benson’s office must have a chance to review the redacted document before it is publicly released.

The report was released shortly afterward from Russell Ramsland Jr., a former Republican congressional candidate and the co-founder of Allied Security Operations Group, members of which were present for the forensic audit earlier this month. The security group also said that it visited Central Lake Township, Star Township, and Mancelona Township on Nov. 27 to examine Dominion tabulators and tabulator roles.

“We conclude that the Dominion Voting System is intentionally and purposefully designed with inherent errors to create systemic fraud and influence election results," Ramsland said. "The system intentionally generates an enormously high number of ballot errors. The electronic ballots are then transferred for adjudication. The intentional errors lead to bulk adjudication of ballots with no oversight, no transparency, and no audit trail. This leads to voter or election fraud. Based on our study, we conclude that the Dominion Voting System should not be used in Michigan. We further conclude that the results of Antrim County should not have been certified."

The Antrim County case has gained outsized attention from President Trump's legal team and its allies, given that it was the same county where an apparent glitch temporarily invalidated 6,000 votes erroneously tabulated for President-elect Joe Biden instead of Trump. Despite the broader implications related to the presidential election, voter William Bailey filed the litigation to challenge a local marijuana retailer proposal that just barely passed because a few damaged ballots were not included in a retabulation.

The report said Allied Security Operations Group observed an error rate of 68.05%, which it said is far above the "allowable election error rate established by the Federal Election Commission guidelines" at 0.0008% and "demonstrated a significant and fatal error in security and election integrity." The report also included a jab that appeared to be directed at Antrim County Clerk Sheryl Guy, a Republican, for not updating the software, which resulted in the vote flip that temporarily put Biden ahead of Trump.

"Antrim County failed to properly update its system. A purposeful lack of providing basic computer security updates in the system software and hardware demonstrates incompetence, gross negligence, bad faith, and/or willful noncompliance in providing the fundamental system security required by federal and state law," the report said. "There is no way this election management system could have passed tests or have been legally certified to conduct the 2020 elections in Michigan under the current laws."

The Washington Examiner reached out to the Michigan attorney general's office for comment about the release of the report.

Benson’s office became involved in the case after Michigan moved to intervene in hopes of allowing officials better access to scrutinize Bailey’s claims of election fraud. The judge granted Benson’s request last week.

In a separate case, a group of Republicans, represented by a team of attorneys, including Sidney Powell, have petitioned the Supreme Court to overturn the results of the election, and the group also asked the high court to review findings from the forensic audit of Dominion Voting Systems equipment in Antrim County.

Dominion Voting Systems, whose machines were used in Antrim County and in other places across the country, has vociferously denied the allegations about the company being involved in a massive voter fraud scheme, billing them as being part of a "disinformation" effort.

The Washington Examiner reached out to Antrim County, the defendant in the case, for comment about Monday's hearing and the report's release but did not immediately receive a response.

Trump’s legal team and its allies have filed a litany of lawsuits in Michigan and other states won by Biden in hopes of overturning the election. They have been almost entirely unsuccessful in their pursuits. Biden won Michigan by more than 150,000 votes."

Comment

Biden 161 vs. Trump 158 right now. So, suspenseful.

Comment

Working...
                            X