Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your Thanksgiving plans in the age of Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your Thanksgiving plans in the age of Covid?

With Covid disrupting Thanksgiving plans all across North America I thought I would check and see what everyone has planned for the big turkey day. I know many are planning a low key event at home this year but others maybe still having a smaller than normal event with extra precautions. For my part we are still going a head with a smaller event. My wife and I will be hosting this year with her sister’s family as well as her mother (who lives with her sister’s family). In addition my wife’s brother and his husband have flown in from out of the country. Fortunately, everyone has been tested for Covid. My brother and law and his husband got tested prior to their flight (that was a week ago) and everyone in my sister in law’s place got tested last weekend. My family has been isolating at home for quite sometime so we know we are good.

For the big day we’ve also decided to set everything up outside on the patio so people can be outdoors as well as have an easier time social distancing. Rather than do the traditional buffet style my wife and mother in law will be plating all the food for each person and then bringing plates out to each person. We also have hand sanitizer and will request people wear masks when not eating. These seem like good precautions to me. What is everyone else doing?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Just going to have a few people over (JR and his family), but they are already in our "covid social group" and none of us have tested positive lately.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

We’re going to have a total of seven adults and three kids. Essentially, my household (three of us) plus my sister in law's household (pluses up by her visiting brother and his husband). For the menu we have a turkey (22lbs), a standing bone in rib roast, and the usual sides. We have to start cooking tomorrow, we are hoping to get all but the two main courses done the night before, so hopefully all goes well.

Comment

A bird alighted on our bridge today. I did not eat it. Maybe one of the hounds.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

We may go and wave/see at SF family. Currently we leave the car but don't go into the house or hug/etc.

We have a 'group' with two of our neighbors, namely that our kids play together a lot and it is a bit impossible to keep masks on at all times. We have no intention of entering their houses or they entering ours.

We will have a private thanksgiving meal.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Turkey and swiss sandwich.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Today was just a regular Thursday
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

We had a nice day of prime rib and turkey.

Comment

Comment

Only Americans can find that to be funny!

Comment

The imbeclies at their best!

Comment

Working...
                        X