How things are going in your area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How things are going in your area?

My own neighborhood is still strict on implementing security and safety protocols inside the village. More and more people are going back to work each day but with worries that Covid-19 cases will rise up again due to everything going back to normal. How about in your area? Is covid-19 treated like an ordinary flue there or people are still getting paranoid with it?

Dumb asses are once again panic buying toilet paper, canned beans, and pasta. We never had a complete reopening, as restaurants and offices were always capped at 20% of capacity, yet we still have about the same outbreak level as states which completely reopened. Thus why I have repeatedly said the shut down measures don’t really work. Well, that and how every where they used to praise as being supposedly so effective also have massive outbreaks. The good news is the death rate remains relatively low, testing is extremely available here, yet everyone is getting burned out by the restrictions while companies and people are going bankrupt left and right. I sure am glad I am debt free with a paid off home.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• pchang
      pchang commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you not seen the case rates per 100000 people. Please take a look at healthdata.org and compare South Dakota to California.

But they're calling so many deaths are due to Covid, valid or not.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      WTF do you mean, "valid or not"? Dude, it's cause of death, not a political statement.
      New cases are through the roof, advancing at a much higher rate than can be explained away as just "more testing." That means more deaths.

Jack, they've already said that deaths were reported as Covid, when that wasn't what killed them.
    Yelling at me isn't going to change that.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      How about calling you an idiot? Would that help?
      You take one of your guns and shoot me in the head. Then you say, "Uncle Sparky was old and had diabetes and a bad heart. He has underlying conditions and would have died anyway."
      ... and a lot of American idiots would believe you. Not guilty!
      Absolutely pathetic.

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Jack, they've already said that deaths were reported as Covid, when that wasn't what killed them.
    Ok, then almost nobody dies of cancer.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Over here, the government has, after 8 months of quarantine, called it off, which doesn't really change things that much since less than 20% was obeying by that point.

We have been going down in cases (since mid October) and deaths (since early October), but we're still high in testing positivity ratio.

The economy is a disaster, and the *******s in charge are, as always, more worried about gaining power and putting up populist measures to 'combat' inflation, while printing cash like there is no tomorrow.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

No, what it's more comparable to is AIDS, if you insist on making a comparison.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          You cannot catch AIDS from someone sitting on the same bus as you. I bet you didn't know that.

• Ted Striker
          Ted Striker commented
          Editing a comment
          The comparison should be Spanish Flu or bubonic plague

In looking at the history, it was the same shenanigans, governments trying to suppress the news, people crying about masks. Lot of people acting dumb. Even non-Texans which was a big surprise.

WINNIPEG - Calling it one big hoax, local man Glen Harder is refusing to take the COVID-19 pandemic until it affects a loved one or someone close to him.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Sparky, this isn't 1985. Yes, I know.
          Keep insulting me though.
          Better people than you have said worse things.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            AIDS hit Canada in 1981. Again, you are wrong. And I'm sure you don't think you can COVID-19. Well you can, as easily as catching a cold. And I sincerely hope you don't... I don't know too many stupid Americans.

I have to admit I am rather exasperated with Gaven Newsom at this point.
          "

Comment

Ah, "they said" something. OK, I'm convinced.
            I won't even ask you for proof. Clearly, that's not necessary.

Didn't realize I was yelling. Do I owe you an apology?
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Sure. Ignore that excess deaths are even greater than the number off earths attributed to COVID-19.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post

Sure. Ignore that excess deaths are even greater than the number off earths attributed to COVID-19.
                Aha! COVID confirmed as an alien biological weapon!
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

This is exactly what I'm saying. Do people need to learn it the hardest way before believing? Doesn't it matter to anyone until you or your loved ones got the virus? I guess, there will always be people like this so I'm hoping that for the rest of us who's really taking care of ourselves and our family, the vaccines that were reportedly having a high chance of success will be readily available the soonest as possible so we can take our worries away.

I thought I should share and leave this informative article with anyone who's thinking twice about taking the vaccine. Please keep safe all.

Domain for Sale. bioinformaticsservices.com. Request Price. What Are the Advantages of a Super Premium .Com Domain? Increased Traffic. Search Engine Ranking. Brand Recognition. Immediate Presence. Higher Profits. Great Investment. #1 in Premium Domains. 300,000 of the World's Best .Com Domains.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarrynad View Post

This is exactly what I'm saying. Do people need to learn it the hardest way before believing? Doesn't it matter to anyone until you or your loved ones got the virus? I guess, there will always be people like this so I'm hoping that for the rest of us who's really taking care of ourselves and our family, the vaccines that were reportedly having a high chance of success will be readily available the soonest as possible so we can take our worries away.

I thought I should share and leave this informative article with anyone who's thinking twice about taking the vaccine. Please keep safe all.

http://bioinformaticsservices.com/si...t-coronavirus/
                    Check the survival rate friend.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• pchang
                      pchang commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The aftermath of COVID-19 is not a binary state
                  Working...
                  X