tech help for windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tech help for windows XP

under control panel > sounds and devices my volume tab is not active, I cant slide my volume controls. The volume is stuck on low and I cant move it.

You use Windows XP?
    "

Comment

Still, if he's got a legacy piece of equipment he's using, he may still need to run it. But no idea...with all of these tech issues, I need far more data.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If you use a larger font, it will seem louder.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Just curious - is it active but stuck or is it visible but deactivated ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I am taking great pleasure in Berzerker's misfortune. I find it humorous and pleasant that he is so frustrated and suffering. Further, I was having a so-so day, but now that I know Berzerker is having these problems, this has been the greatest day all week.

Thank you Berzerker, and I hope you never fix your sound settings.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Berz, you should know, after 20 years, that the people here suck dick and won't help at all.
              My only suggestion is to take it to the shop or call a shop.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Egbert
                Egbert commented
                Editing a comment
                Slowwy is correct.

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              Berz, you should know, after 20 years, that the people here suck dick and won't help at all.
              My only suggestion is to take it to the shop or call a shop.

This is true. Some of us can not help because we are ***** and others do not want to help because they are malicious *****.

Comment

You say shop Sloww...I think the word you're looking for is "museum"
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                  under control panel > sounds and devices my volume tab is not active, I cant slide my volume controls. The volume is stuck on low and I cant move it.
                  Seriously, if you have an old (or new) cheap portable keyboard with a volume control button (or 3), it might work.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

its working now, thx

nothing I did though, shutting down last night seems to have restored the setting

Comment

Buy a new computer bro. It's probably being used as a zombie by China/Russia/etc. Though maybe you're into that kind of thing...
                      "

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                        You say shop Sloww...I think the word you're looking for is "museum"
                        I think you meant e-waste recycling facility. I really hope this is only for retrogaming.

Because if it is his everyday computer, forget that the operating system hasn't been supported in years, and was vulnerable even when it was, forget that it is 32-bit only, the fact he is probably stuck on a extremely slow mechanical drive is more than enough reason to upgrade. Also, chrome stopped supporting XP back in 2016, so he'd be stuck on version 49.0.2623. Currently it is on 85.0.4183, so browsing the web would be a terrible experience.

Comment

Working...
                        X