• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worms

Blah

I prefer worms armageddon
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

After cheering for Sting's death, do we really need another movie of this?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

What? Sting died?
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
        I prefer worms armageddon
        Great game
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
          After cheering for Sting's death, do we really need another movie of this?
          Maybe they add another twist to it now and let the Harkonnen win

But while movie/Tv versions of it were kinda boring, I liked the (first) book and have good memories about Dune RTS games.
          Blah

Comment

I prefer the Diet of Worms...as a German you should be familiar with this
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
              I prefer the Diet of Worms...as a German you should be familiar with this
              Yuck, eating worms

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I rebrand this thread as "movies you don't see this year". Frigging covid, haven't been to the cinema this yr at all
                Blah

Comment

Paul was cast poorly again -- not a good sign.

(Paul was already a badass before he got to Arrakis - yet they cast a dandy in the first movie and an emo in the second.)
                  "

Comment

I watch the original 1984 movie over Thanksgiving.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I also don't like how the trailer says Leto was a bad leader. Leto is more than competent in the book, and it suggests they might make other significant changes to the original plot.
                    "

Comment

I'm considering to go for it now that it's been out.

Reviews seem to be very good, not that it's a guarantee for anything tho.

What bugs me is that this movie reportedly covers only part of the (1st) book, and they don't have the sequel secured yet.
                      No idea how big budget movies run now in the pandemic, even if stuff reopened (more or less, depending where folks are).

So could be the thing never gets continued...

/cts.

Blah

Comment

I`ll be going next Saturday
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                          I'm considering to go for it now that it's been out.

Reviews seem to be very good, not that it's a guarantee for anything tho.

What bugs me is that this movie reportedly covers only part of the (1st) book, and they don't have the sequel secured yet.
                          No idea how big budget movies run now in the pandemic, even if stuff reopened (more or less, depending where folks are).

So could be the thing never gets continued...

/cts.

I`ve got to think about Fjodorowskis Dune here.
                          Which never became reality because the potential investors in the movie were a little bit shocked when they heard that the planned length of the movie would be 14 hours

Maybe there are only 2 ways to put some types pof books (like Dune) onto the big screen:

Either drastically cutting the contents of the book (like Dino de Laurtentis did with Dune 1984)
                          or splitting each book into several parts (like this version of Dune tries to do)

I am a little boit worried about the fact that it isn't certain whether or not we will see a 2nd part of Villenieuves Dune, however ... seems like it all depends on the money that part1 generates

Comment

Working...
                          X