Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you hope wins the 2020 Presidential elections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you hope wins the 2020 Presidential elections?

We have another thread discussing who we tip to win. Who we tip may not be the same as who hope will win.

I must admit that I am increasingly leaning towards Trump for no particular reason other than unease about Biden and distaste for Harris.

Richard (Cheech) Marin
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Trump. Democrats are criminals/extremists.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I think Brewster's Millions has it right.

I don't want Biden to win, but I do want the odious Trumpster to lose (and hopefully end up in jail where he belongs - not for collusion, but fraud).
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          Tax evasion is a classic for American gangsters. I think several states already have that one in the works.

I hope I do win, as I'm more qualified than the current WH freak show to lead countries, be they big or small.
        Blah

Comment

And now we have more of Trump trying to screw with the election so he can make claims later that he didn't really lose...

President Trump, on Wednesday during a trip in battleground North Carolina, urged voters to vote twice, once by mail and once in person, to test the protections intended to guard against double voting.
          Trump, who has claimed the 2020 election will be rife with fraud and rigged against him, was asked by a local television reporter whether he had confidence in the vote-by-mail system.
          “Let them send it in and let them go vote, and if their system’s as good as they say it is, then obviously they won’t be able to vote. If it isn’t tabulated, they’ll be able to vote,”
          Trump said.

Intentionally voting twice is illegal, and in many states, including North Carolina, it is a felony.

The president also greeted supporters on the tarmac upon landing in Wilmington, N.C., and made nearly identical comments, encouraging them to send in their ballot “and then go in and vote.”
          “So send it in early and then go and vote,” Trump said. “You can’t let them take your vote away; these people are playing dirty politics. So if you have an absentee ballot . . . you send it in, but I’d check it, follow it and go vote.”
          Trump has insisted, without evidence, that widespread mail-in voting, expanded in many states to accommodate fears around the coronavirus pandemic, will result in corruption, miscounting and delays, making it impossible to know who won the November election.
          Attorney General William P. Barr was asked during a CNN interview to respond to Trump’s comments in North Carolina, particularly the suggestion that voters partake in illegal activity. Barr skirted the question, saying he didn’t know the election laws in every state. He then echoed Trump’s rhetoric, claiming that widespread vote-by-mail “is very open to fraud and coercion, is reckless and dangerous, and people are playing with fire.”
          The data in states that already have universal mail-in voting doesn’t back up Trump or Barr’s claims.
          A Washington Post analysis of three vote-by-mail states found that officials identified just 372 possible cases of double voting or voting on behalf of deceased people out of about 14.6 million votes cast by mail in the 2016 and 2018 general elections, or 0.0025 percent.
          What a moron... telling people to commit voter fraud, a felony, so he can later claim voter fraud.
          He must be getting desperate.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Now talk about Pelosi pulling Biden's strings, wanting mail in votes and trying to add riders to relief Bill's, while their cities burn.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              There is nothing illegal, or unsafe about mail in ballots. You've bought into a false narrative.

• Dinner
              Dinner commented
              Editing a comment
              When a quarter of all the mail in ballots in NYC get thrown out due to signatures not matching then we have a massive problem.

I'm hoping for a meteor. I mean, I think a near miss is on the books for soon anyway.
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              Now talk about Pelosi pulling Biden's strings, wanting mail in votes and trying to add riders to relief Bill's, while their cities burn.
              Gee, and Trump wants to cut off aid to cities run by his political opponents while they burn. The only Americans Trump cares about are those that might vote for him. And he even treats them like crap too...
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

There's no possible winner in the 2020 election.
                Everyone loses.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

As always, it seems to come down to a lesser of two evils.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Biden, not because I agree with him in everything or think it is the best possible candidate in the US. But because he is far better than Trump, will re-institute the rule of law and move us towards the right direction. He also has a chance of healing some of the division that is seriously damaging our country.

For those who support Trump or think that there is no possible winner, what chance does 'healing the division in the country' happen if Trump is re-elected?

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

How any reasonable person can look at the past 4 years and say, "Give me more of that," is beyond me.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                        Biden, not because I agree with him in everything or think it is the best possible candidate in the US. But because he is far better than Trump, will re-institute the rule of law and move us towards the right direction. He also has a chance of healing some of the division that is seriously damaging our country.

For those who support Trump or think that there is no possible winner, what chance does 'healing the division in the country' happen if Trump is re-elected?

JM
                        I don't have delusions of healing the nation. We need to defeat the extremists. They will never let you alone. Nothing will ever be enough. They are fighting forever, like nazis and communists.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Comedy gold. You are actually the most extreme person here.

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        And now we have more of Trump trying to screw with the election so he can make claims later that he didn't really lose...

What a moron... telling people to commit voter fraud, a felony, so he can later claim voter fraud.
                        He must be getting desperate.
                        Isn't it a criminal act to say to other people that they should commit a crime ?
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Encouraging people to illegally vote twice is a crime in North Carolina.
                      Working...
                      X