Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Terror

Anybody watches it?

Hint: even when the title suggests otherwise, this is not about the Trump presidency.

It's about a Ridley Scott produced tv show, 1st season about the expedition of HMS Terror and HMS Erebus to find the Northwest Passage in 18XXsomething which went horribly wrong. I read it has a 2nd season in a completely different historical setting tho.

Is a mix of history, thriller/drama/whatnot, plus some horror/fantasy elements.

Saw the 1st eps, liked it a lot. Starts slow, but great, tense atmo already. Lots of very good actors known from stuff like Rome, GoT, or even Expanse.

Just sayin'/cents
    Blah

3%

brazilian sci fi
    very good

Comment

I'm gunna check it out. The Terror, that is.

Comment

** SPOILERS **

The butler did it.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
          I'm gunna check it out. The Terror, that is.
          Hehe, after watching one more ep. I gotta admit my "lots of" actors known fromRome/GoT/ etc. is maybe a slight exaggeration

Still, there are a couple (Ciarán Hinds I remember as Caesar in Rome or Mance Rayder in GoT for example).
          Blah

Comment

I thought this was the GOP Convention thread. Saw a brief bit with that nice gun waving couple praising segregated neighbourhoods.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Completed season 1, 10 eps. Twas good. IMO this would have worked even without the fantasy/CGI elements.

Although there's evidence it happened historically when things became desparate, I'm still not much of a fan of the
              Spoiler:
              cannibalism
              towards the end. Just sayin'
              Blah

Comment

Working...
              X