CNN Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN Thread

I hear ppl like CNN very much, so I decided to open a thread about all things CNN

I may post examples from CNN which could be huge and tremendous. Like this one:

Stealthy thieves broke into a Japanese ninja museum and stole a million yen

(CNN)A ninja museum in central Japan had some stealthy visitors this week -- thieves who broke in and stole more than a million yen ($9,470) in the middle of the night.

The Iga-ryu Ninja Museum, located in Iga city in Mie Prefecture, is dedicated to the history and practices of ninja. It notified police after an alarm went off in the early hours of Monday morning.

At the time, there were no staff at the museum, which is a popular tourist site. When the police arrived, they found the museum entrance had been forced open, and the safe containing the money was missing.
    The safe, which weighed about 150 kilograms (330 pounds), held admission fees from more than 1,000 visitors, according to the museum.

"It was a three-minute job," said an official at the museum, who requested anonymity for privacy reasons. "It was planned, they must have scoped us out and singled us out."

(snippledeedoo)
    full: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/21/a...cli/index.html
    Blah

Burglars are vISiToRs. Rioters are pRoTeStErS.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• BeBMan
      BeBMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Some people may say commenting posts is rather silly, but many go with CNN and believe I should do it more often, and I tend to agree.

CNN has many interesting articles. Here's one of them:

Trump files emergency request to prevent subpoena of his tax records after judge denies motion

(CNN)Lawyers for President Donald Trump filed an emergency request Friday for a federal appeals court to put a subpoena for his financial documents and tax returns on hold until the higher court can weigh in on the matter.

The filing immediately followed a ruling by US District Judge Victor Marrero, who denied Trump's request to put his decision dismissing the lawsuit on hold to allow the President's legal team time to appeal.

Trump's lawyers told the 2nd US Circuit Court of Appeals that without a stay it would result in "quintessential irreparable harm" by allowing the subpoena for the records to go ahead.As part of an agreement between the President's lawyers and the Manhattan district attorney's office, the subpoena would not be enforced until seven calendar days from Marrero's decision.

Trump's lawyers are now asking the appeals court to not allow the subpoena to be enforced until one week after the appeals court rules on the case.

Trump's emergency action is the latest effort to block a subpoena for eight years of personal and business records and tax returns.
    Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance's office has been examining whether Trump or the Trump Organization violated state laws in connection with hush money payments made to women alleging affairs with Trump. The investigation has also looked into whether business records filed with the state were falsified and if any tax laws were violated, CNN has reported.

Thursday Marrero ruled that the subpoena to Trump's long-time accountant Mazars USA was valid and New York prosecutors could have access to Trump's accounting records for a criminal investigation. Trump immediately moved to have the decision stayed while he appealed.

Marrero rejected that request on Friday saying he didn't believe Trump's argument would win.

"The Court is not persuaded that appellate review would be successful in any event. This argument cannot suffice to show irreparable harm," Marrero wrote in denying Trump's motion.Trump had sued Vance to stop the grand jury subpoena of his longtime accounting firm Mazars USA for years of his records.

The subpoena asked for records from Mazars related to Trump, the Trump Organization, his foundation and several related subsidiaries. The requested documents, court records said, pertain not just to business in New York, but also in other states like Florida and California and countries including Turkey, Dubai, Canada and Indonesia.

A federal appeals court denied President Donald Trump’s attempt to halt the enforcement of a subpoena for his financial records but at the same time set a rapid schedule for oral arguments in the case, leaving a window of several days where prosecutors could seek to obtain the President’s tax returns.
    Blah

Comment

Still on that witch hunt
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, 45 owns the entire DOJ, yet these US federal judges keep ruling as if we still have laws.
        It's a world gone mad, I tell you.

• Kidlicious
        Kidlicious commented
        Editing a comment
        The law doesn't say you can look at people's tax returns unless you have probable cause. No witch hunts.

I agree with me that this is a great thread.
      Blah

Comment

I agree with me on most things.

Comment

• Egbert
          Egbert commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with me that this was an excellent poast.

CNN reports that the London Tower Bridge is stuck open. Historic!

London (CNN) — Tower Bridge, one of London's most famous landmarks, was stuck open Saturday afternoon due to "mechanical failure," causing traffic chaos in the city.

The 240 meter-long bridge, a staple of London's skyline and a popular tourist attraction, features a drawbridge type movable bridge, which lifts around 800 times a year to allow vessels to pass in the river below.

(rest of article got stuck while copy/pasting)
        full:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...gbr/index.html

Blah

Comment

CNN reports that in a surprise move that may have shocked her husband for the rest of his life Melania Trump said that "We deserve total honesty from our President"

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/polit...20-sot-vpx.cnn

Blah

Comment

I thought this would be about the fiery but mostly peaceful protests.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

He starts with mentioning burning stuff and sez it's in clear contrast to mostly peaceful protest during ***daytime***.

I can see why ppl dislike his wording ("contentious") or completely disagree with his assessment ("result of anger" etc) but if those who made the article want to present this as a big thing a la CNN is making up stuff they should at least not imply he did call everything peaceful when he clearly sez at daytime.

Maybe he should just have gone with "good ppl on both sides".
              Blah

Comment

CNN has many pics of ancient art in restored colors, including few nekkid Greeks. Uncensored!

Artists in classical cultures were known to paint with a variety of hues – a practice known as polychromy. So why do we always think of antiquities as colorless?

Blah

Comment

sometimes self identified conservatives (WHO MIGHT ALSO BE REPUBLICAN) refer to CNN as the Clinton News Network.

this is just reference^^
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                  X