Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conservative Federalist Society Issues Scathing Rebuke of Trump: Calls Fascist and Asks for Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conservative Federalist Society Issues Scathing Rebuke of Trump: Calls Fascist and Asks for Removal

And there you have it. They are laying the political cover for Republicans to distance themselves away from Trump.

Notable members of the Federalist Society:

Clarence Thomas
    John Ashcroft
    Brett Kavanaugh
    Robert Bork
    Orrin Hatch
    Ted Cruz
    Ken Starr (yes, THAT Ken Starr)
    Roger Pilon (Cato Institute Director)

I am frankly appalled by the president’s recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election.

Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats’ assertion that President Trump is a fascist,” he said. “But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.

President Trump needs to be told by every Republican in Congress that he cannot postpone the federal election,” Calabresi said. “Doing so would be illegal, unconstitutional and without precedent in American history. Anyone who says otherwise should never be elected to Congress again.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

It's nice to see that even conservative Repugs are stating to admit what a complete moron Trump is
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's kind of sad that this was the line that had to be crossed before they rebuked him.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        It's kind of sad that this was the line that had to be crossed before they rebuked him.
        Exactly. I could paste a list and have seen several but it would be over 50 line items. One week alone is like 5 things
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm surprised that Kidiot hasn't appeared and said something like
          FAKE NEWS
          THEY AREN'T REAL REPUBLICANS
          TRAITORS
          USEFUL IDIOTS
          or some other such nonsense...

The fact is, it seems even some conservative Republicans are seeing the hand writing on the wall and don't want to be dragged down by our moronic President
          Maybe even some more will grow a set of balls and follow this example
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

He has a quote in his signature by Brett Kavanaugh, who is part of the Federalist Society which issued the rebuke. It's also not confirmed, but Chief Justice Roberts may have had an association with the Federalist Society at some point.

When even Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham are pushing back, you know your position has no support.

I have alot of hope as you said, others should see this as an example and follow suit and look for a way out.

To my Republican friends reading this, it's not too late. Some of you have even taken oaths to defend the Constitution. That loyalty runs deeper than one man's misdeeds. We need everyone back to reboot this country, and nobody is going to look down on you for changing your mind to do the right thing.
            Last edited by Ted Striker; July 31, 2020, 15:55.

Comment

I keep watching this with a mixture of horror and pride:

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Ted Striker
                Ted Striker commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, that Navy vet was a tank

Any of you conservatives want to address this?

Slowwhand, Dinner, Kidicious?

Comment

What can they really say... if they still continue to support Trump, which is their right, they will ignore other Republicans who have a different opinion.
                I don't really see how posts on an internet forum will change their minds.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Delaying the Election Would Be Grotesque and Un-American

Trump doesn’t understand this, or doesn’t care. It is another indication of how little he’s let the institution of the presidency shape him, and how selfishly he approaches his duties.
                  It is an incendiary and absurd idea unworthy of being spoken — or even thought — by a president of the United States.

Comment

True dat...
                    He is willing to do anything to stay in power, even if it means stepping on the back of dead Americans...
                    157,000 dead and climbing.
                    GREAT JOB TRUMP
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                    X