The shallowness of Metallica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shallowness of Metallica

Enjooying some extra coronavirus safe greek summer vacations, in almost complete isolation having fun swimming and drinking and reading and listening to music, I also watched it's some kind of monster and I got enthralled at the life of the band, why jason left, why is lars a little ***** and james a self absorbed ***** but then the SONGS and that distorted guitar kind of grabs you by the balls and it's hard to start denying and rationalizing things when someone has you by the balls.

Thanks to Miles Patton for the song request via Patreon :)♪ Mel's music: https://melsickscreamoannie.bandcamp.com/Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/6T...

then you come across things like that. this is a greek band she's covering

and that music does make you feel alive and want to grab an electric guitar but it's so shallow

if this is what makes you feel alive and it's so shallow what does that make you

Comment

shallow

I like some of the songs by Metallica but not many and they weren't that good.

Comment

Pink Floyd and Rush are my favorite bands

Comment

• Ted Striker
          Ted Striker commented
          Editing a comment
          Other band I think you like:

Jethro Tull
          Procol Harum
          The Guess Who

Amirite?

• Berzerker
          Berzerker commented
          Editing a comment
          Tull, yes... Only know a couple songs by Procol Harum (Conquistador's good and whiter share of pale), same with the Guess Who

I liked Unforgiven, was a great song, there was no selling out, how dare they innovate ?
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Now you've gone too far, paiktis.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker View Post
            I liked Unforgiven...
            Which one?
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Ted Striker
              Ted Striker commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn’t realize there were 3 of them. I’ve only heard the first one.

my buddy's into Metallica, but other than the black (snake) album most of their music sounds the same

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-h9gJrp8nA

then you come across things like that. this is a greek band she's covering

and that music does make you feel alive and want to grab an electric guitar but it's so shallow

if this is what makes you feel alive and it's so shallow what does that make you
              This is The Warning.

They are three sisters out of Monterrey, Mexico; at the time of this performance, the guitarist (Daniella) was 17, the drummer (Paulina) was 15, and the bassist (Alejandra) was 12. They had already put out an EP and an LP of original music, and since then put out a concept album, Queen of the Murder Scene.

I have been following them since 2017.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                Clearly not "live in one take" but plenty impressive. Thanks TMM!

Thx for the warning.
              Blah

Comment

I like Metallica but their songs are depressing TBH.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I'm glad you liked it, -Jrabbit, but I'm afraid you've set me off! I have to show more now!

Here are a couple more covers, from a concert they held at their school a couple years earlier than the first, when they were 15, 13, and 10. The first showcases Ale on the bass, the second Pau on the drums.

Last edited by The Mad Monk; July 1, 2020, 11:13.

Comment

I guess you can't put more than one video on a post? Oh well...

Comment

Three of their original songs, done at a Tedx Talk shortly before their Metallica cover. I especially love the drums on the first song. Pau breaks a stick at about 13:40, you can see a shard fly off and land on a cymbal.

Last edited by The Mad Monk; July 1, 2020, 11:30.

Comment

This is a playlist of their concept album in it's entirety. It's a true rock opera, which tells a story of insanity and murder, and while the songs are great on their own , you really need to hear them in order to really get it. I would describe the sound as punk metal with a good chunk of grunge thrown in for good measure. If they seem a little out of breath at points, it's because they're playing in Mexico City, elevation 7300 feet, and they're not used to it!
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                        Last edited by The Mad Monk; July 1, 2020, 11:46.

Comment

Working...
                        X