Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeBMan
    replied
    Seems Trump's legal team self-destructed soon enough before the impeachment thing to start...sad thing is there may be enough spineless senators who don't care about arguments anyway as long as their dear leader escapes conviction in the senate...

Former President Donald Trump's five impeachment defense attorneys have left a little more than a week before his trial is set to begin, according to people familiar with the case, amid a disagreement over his legal strategy.

It was a dramatic development in the second impeachment trial for Trump, who has struggled to find lawyers willing to take his case. And now, with legal briefs due next week and a trial set to begin only days later, Trump is clinging to his election fraud charade and suddenly finds himself without legal representation.

(snippledeesnap)
    https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/30/p...eam/index.html
    Last edited by BeBMan; January 31, 2021, 05:02. Reason: yes

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    Will it be enough for Ohio to switch Blue? Trump won by 8% in 2020 but Brown won by 7% in 2018. Not only that, but Kasich is strongly anti-Trump (2011-2018 Governor) and while Portman and DeWine are not part of the anti-Trump part of the party, they are not members of the pro-Trump wing and have condemned some of Trump's actions/statements, especially recently.

JM

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Perhaps Kid should move to Ohio ... he will like the faithfulness of the GOP to their cult leader there.
    The GOP in Ohio proposes a new state holiday honoring Donald Trump

https://twitter.com/CopingMAGA/statu...32935067578370

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, there's the rub.

• BeBMan
    commented on 's reply
    I'm always sleeping.

• Egbert
    commented on 's reply
    Are you saying you were sleeping and dreaming for four years?

• BeBMan
    replied
    When I woke up today I realized I had a very strange dream over night:

The US was ruled for yrs by an ever-lying narcissist who had trouble to find out which side he'd be on between folks and "Jews will not replace us" folks. Finally when folks voted him out he turned up the demagogery until a mob saying "Pelosi is Satan" and "Hang Mike Pence" stormed the Capitol - only because the latter had a fly on his head and the former belonged to folks voting him out.

Unbelievable, isn't it?

Fortunately when I woke up it was all gone

Leave a comment:

• Egbert
    replied
    Originally posted by ZEE View Post
    Now that this election is over maybe this thrade can finally fall off the page.

I am bumping this thrade to the top again so AAHZ can see it.

I want attention from AAHZ.

Leave a comment:

• Egbert
    replied
    I am bumping this thrade so it will be back on the first page, at the top where AAHZ can see it.

Leave a comment:

• self biased
    commented on 's reply
    9-11 really did change everything.[/robocon]

• Egbert
    replied
    Originally posted by ZEE View Post
    Now that this election is over maybe this thrade can finally fall off the page.

This thrade has changed your life.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    commented on 's reply
    Actually, Sparky, that change to constant coverage is much more about Fox News, especially in the post-9/11 era, and the reaction to their constant onslaught from others.

• EPW
    commented on 's reply
    Ambitious women are intimidating to many men, it seems.

• Uncle Sparky
    commented on 's reply

• Uncle Sparky
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, but if you think wa-a-a-ay back to the pre-Trump days, you only had the press covering the president once a week... maybe in a crisis 2-3 times a week... maybe in the summer once every 2-3 weeks, and then usually a quick quote, of a 15 second spot.

Then with Trump, everything 24/7 was a crisis for him... mostly how unfair the world was to the fat fake billionaire. He's lost his bully pulpit, and we can ignore Biden and Harris if we so choose.
Working...
X