X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metric Appreciation Thread

This thread is better by miles...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Miles are better

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      Miles Gloriosus

Pffffft!
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
      This thread is better by miles...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	I see what you did there.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	9391734
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I'm sure people only use Fahrenheit for the bigger numbers and dramatic effect...if you're used to Celsius then you think everything is going to burn.

One of those ghastly tabloids used it for a news article (Daily Mail or Observer or Torygraph or something like that) with "Temperatures to exceed 80F tomorrow!"...I mean, it seems a bit weird to use it now as it has fallen out of use in this country many years ago. Is it still popular amongst Brexiteers or something?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

F stands for Foreigners in that context.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Damn foreigners, coming over here with their skills and work ethic
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

And since when is the Observer a right wing paper? I thought it was the Sunday Guardian.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'm sure people only use Fahrenheit for the bigger numbers and dramatic effect...if you're used to Celsius then you think everything is going to burn.

One of those ghastly tabloids used it for a news article (Daily Mail or Observer or Torygraph or something like that) with "Temperatures to exceed 80F tomorrow!"...I mean, it seems a bit weird to use it now as it has fallen out of use in this country many years ago. Is it still popular amongst Brexiteers or something?
                Pffff. Get back to us when you stop weighting people in rocks.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post

Pffff. Get back to us when you stop weighting people in rocks.
                  It's strange. For anything remotely technical it would always be metric (do Americans still use imperial units for scientific or technical uses?) but for roadsigns it is miles and some weighings (although becoming less common) is it is stones and pounds. No idea why

No idea why these have still persisted. I can't imagine it getting any better either with the way my country is headed.
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

It's strange. For anything remotely technical it would always be metric (do Americans still use imperial units for scientific or technical uses?) but for roadsigns it is miles and some weighings (although becoming less common) is it is stones and pounds. No idea why

No idea why these have still persisted. I can't imagine it getting any better either with the way my country is headed.
                    I'm guessing tradition / common usage.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

What metric are we talking here? Schwarzschild, FLRW, Gödel?
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Did you just say "F**k your mother" in German?
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Is someone's mother here a black shield?
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Whoosh
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                            X