Republican Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republican Appreciation Thread

Post here if you see some actions by a Republican that are actually praiseworthy. There's got to be more than just this guy?

Mitt Romney

Voted to impeach Trump
    Marched with Black Lives Matter protesters

Downside: strapped dog to car carrier on roof of car

Click image for larger version

Name:	23628526911_d7253814c2_k.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	9391602
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Republican in name only. Get a grip on reality.
    You might like it.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He is a RINO, despite being the Republican candidate for president 8 years ago, because he opposes the most flagrant abuses of power and supports that the Bill of Rights applies to all Americans?

Good to hear that from you, although I have gathered that the last couple of years.

I did not believe that those were essential positions for Republicans even 5 years ago.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        You might like it.
        So what you're saying is that, since you don't consider Romney a real Republican, there's no good Republicans left.

Got it, thanks for explaining.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Tex Seems to be one of those “If you’re not with us you’re against us” ****heads.

he should buy another gun but leave actual thinking to other more qualified people (those with a working brain).
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

You know it is a bad time when George W. Bush seems like a calm and considered voice of reason in comparison
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              You might like it.
              He votes with Trump 80% of the time but okay.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I appreciate living in a republic
                Blah

Comment

Bobby Sands

Comment

• Ted Striker
                    Ted Striker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Still less violent than American cops haha

Trump stopped arming terrorists in Syria... Obama armed them and he destroyed the country

but hey, whats a half million dead and a few million more running for their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    Trump stopped arming terrorists in Syria... Obama armed them and he destroyed the country

but hey, whats a half million dead and a few million more running for their lives
                    Obama had to cleanup a mess left behind by yet another bumbling Republican administration

Super evil Republican Cheney is on record in 1994 warning why it was a terrible idea to get rid of Saddam and he mentions Syria and Turkey specifically as hotspots that would erupt into regional destabilization.

All of the spin in the mid 2000s appeared to us ignorant citizens as a complete surprise but all the dangers were VERY WELL KNOWN and understood but they did it anyway.

Obama's handling of the situation, along with his penchant for popping off drones was not the best, but Trump completely sold out one of the best and most loyal allies -- the Kurds -- of all time and his withdrawal led to USMC Mattis resigning.

Plus he got Osama Bin Laden which none of these ****ing retarded wannabe chickenhawk ***** Republicans could do

Comment

Colonel Larry Wilkerson

My father was a life long Republican, and he warned me, he said, you know, you need to be more careful of the far right than the far left. The far left will bankrupt you, and you can recover from that, but the far right will kill you.

There is this strand that finds home in my party that will kill you.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Colonel-Lawrence-Wilkerson.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	9391658

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker View Post
                        Obama had to cleanup a mess left behind by yet another bumbling Republican administration
                        Syria became a mess after Obama started arming terrorists in the country to over throw Assad.

Trump completely sold out one of the best and most loyal allies -- the Kurds -- of all time and his withdrawal led to USMC Mattis resigning.
                        I thought Mattis resigned because Trump was reversing course on the Syrian policy. The Kurds took lands from people who were run off by the terrorists Obama was supporting. Those people fled with many stopping in Turkish refugee camps. The Turks want to create a buffer zone in N Syria so those people can return to Syria. Why should the Kurds get to keep that land? I'm a fan of the Kurds and support a Kurdish state but right is right and wrong is wrong.

Comment

[QUOTE=BeBro;n9391622]I appreciate living in a republic [/QUOTE

I am a monarchist.

Long live the queen.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

Syria became a mess after Obama started arming terrorists in the country to over throw Assad.

I thought Mattis resigned because Trump was reversing course on the Syrian policy. The Kurds took lands from people who were run off by the terrorists Obama was supporting. Those people fled with many stopping in Turkish refugee camps. The Turks want to create a buffer zone in N Syria so those people can return to Syria. Why should the Kurds get to keep that land? I'm a fan of the Kurds and support a Kurdish state but right is right and wrong is wrong.

Syria was already a mess when the civil war broke out and all those terrorists who learned how to fight in Iraq got together and took their game up into Syria and escalated it. Specifically ISIS formed in the American prison systems setup inside of Iraq during the occupation and formed networks as far back as 2006 (Syria stuff started in 2011).

All of this is the exact stuff 1994 Cheney was warning everybody about.

Obama was pretty noob with foreign policy and his handling of Syria wasn't the best (I put alot of that on Hillary, who is no different from neocons like Cheney, for trying too hard all the time to look tough) but you can't put all that on his shoulders when the situation had already escalated.

Cutting Americans' heads off on TV with no repercussions does tend to have an inciting effect on decision making though.

The buffer zone you are talking about was also a safe zone for the Kurds. Mattis knew as soon as US troops left, Turks are gonna Turk and openly attack the Kurds. Even if there were just 5 US soldiers there, Turks wouldn't touch the Kurds.

If you read up on the "policy" dispute, it runs deeper than some dossier policy paper. Mattis was hurt because Trump was asking him to turn his back on US allies in the region, which he had spent decades cultivating.

There are alot of slime balls at the top but Mattis is not one of them. He is a public servant who has dedicated his life to protecting the country and is an honorable man who puts old values like integrity and honoring one's word above all else. For Trump to ask him to turn his back on his allies is the highest form of hurt he could have possibly put Mattis through.

Mattis has such integrity he wouldn't speak out against Trump because of his sense of duty until the recent unleashing of the military against civilians.
                            Last edited by Ted Striker; June 12, 2020, 15:44.

Comment

Working...
                            X