Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What thoughts you have when you realize your online persona(s) are 20 years old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What thoughts you have when you realize your online persona(s) are 20 years old?

In the case of this forum and my login here, it is 20 years old. 20 years! That's a lot...

If I made a kid when I created a login here, it would be a grown man/woman by now... wow

It feels so strange, puts me into a philosophical mood. I must be getting old, without noticing it.

I can't really say that this forum holds 20 years of my evolving thoughts, opinions, records of what happened to me... because I stopped being active at some point.

But for some of you, the more active folk, that is true too, I guess. You can look at old threads and trace how you evolved from the leftie youth of yesteryear into the grumpy conservative you are now. Or the other way around?

What's the first thing that comes to mind when you realize somewhere online (not neccessarily Apolyton) "man, I've been here for 10/15/20 years now..."?

The screaming fart in my avatar, from some demonstration somewhere (against Americans in Iraq, perhaps?) is also an older man now. I wonder if he's still angry. Probably. America is still anger-worthy. Perhaps he has kids now, that are also angry, as is befitting.

Comment

Lot of life spent here.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I find it hard to read VetLegion's posts without having the impression he is yelling at me

Some of my earlier posts (and more recent also ) are positively cringeworthy, but I started posting here at 15 or thereabouts.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Vet needs to update his avatar.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	478BE5A9-AEEC-4A47-9A98-8EAF78CED470.jpeg
Views:	208
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	9390622
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            90%+ chance this guy was yelling "blue lives matter" just a few years ago.

Regardless of what you think of him, Snowden has an interesting section in his book about the evolution of the Internet from the early, golden years where decentralized places like Apolyton existed, before the Google and Facebook borg centralized everything.

It’s been quite the adventure. I do miss the golden days of 1998 when the world seemed a much more civilized place.

For me, the biggest realization was always the real life Matrix reveal where the lines between good and evil weren’t so clear.

i can see why all those vets from Vietnam who apologists wrote of as “loons” we’re coming from. These guys were used and lied to for so long after giving their souls up for what they thought was defending their country, only to be lied to the whole time.

Obama raised the bar ( not saying he was perfect), but Trump pretty much destroyed it. I’m in the apathy state at this point. The guy’s policies are literally killing people and we just stand by and let it happen.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Berzerker
            Berzerker commented
            Editing a comment
            Trumps been less blood thirsty than most of his predecessors, kinda hard to stick him with the warmonger label given his company

• Ted Striker
            Ted Striker commented
            Editing a comment
            You make a good point Berzerker. I'm sure if he could get one of his companies to profit he would be all about the warmongering. If there was a Trump rocket company you'd better believe he'd be lobbing rockets at whoever he could find. Though I was referring to his mishandling of the virus and how terrible it's been that it's literally killing people. He gets an F- on that one.

Originally posted by Ted Striker View Post
          The guy’s policies are literally killing people and we just stand by and let it happen.
          He did say before his term started that he could kill someone in fifth avenue and would not lose any voters.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

If Vetty has any balls he will replace his avatar with Lauren Leander
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I guess what I've learned is that life is fragile not to be taken for granted and that noone has signed a contract with God about anything (least of all his plans or long life)

Realizing Ephemeralitty (is this a word in the primitive english language) gives a burning reality to everything...

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, it's a word in English, but only one "t" in spelling. Same meaning as its Greek source.

I'm also more left wing and progressive than what I was younger when I was more centrist and conservative.

I do use the ocasional racial slur against pchang lest someone calls me a snowflake

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                I'm also more left wing and depressive
                FTFY - makes way more sense
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                  I guess what I've learned is that life is fragile not to be taken for granted and that noone has signed a contract with God about anything (least of all his plans or long life)

Realizing Ephemeralitty (is this a word in the primitive english language) gives a burning reality to everything...
                  Yeah...pretty much (just a t too many). Even a broken clock is right twice a day :-D

Life is nothing yet life is everything and no one knows what it is.
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Got distracted there. Yes, I first registered on 25th June 1999...I mean...I was still at university...that feels like a lifetime ago.
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post

Life is nothing yet life is everything and no one knows what it is.
                      synchronized streams
                      assembled in real time
                      autonomously
                      with varying degrees of
                      focus oriented
                      initiative capable
                      logical pathway
                      execution
                      composition features
                      emulated
                      by introducing interruptions
                      into ongoing cyclical content expressions