Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They always f*ck you in the walkthrough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They always f*ck you in the walkthrough!

Couple weeks ago I was called by Microsoft. I think it was Bill Gates himself who used some silly accent to mask the fact that he's Bill Gates and doesn't work for Microsoft anymore.

However, he was very kind and offered me a walkthrough to eradicate all kinds of viruses and malware when I go to his website and enter stuff.

Can you believe this? If I had trusted him more back then I'd be safe from the virus by now, even when using 5G.
    Blah

An old lady received a telephone call from a very nice gentleman. He said he was from the bank and could help her by setting up online banking for her.

She gave the nice man all her details and passwords. He did a wonderful job of setting up her online banking. He was efficient and soon had her online banking working just fine

He also saved her trouble of withdrawing funds because he took all the money from her account and made it vanish.

Comment

Hey, you’ve won a $100,000 Tesla car automobile. We have shipped it to you but customs need tax paid to impound release. At low 3% tax on customs we need you send me $2,000 to clear customs. Once paid, me give you documents for impound release.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• pchang
        pchang commented
        Editing a comment
        Is the math mistake intentional?

• Dauphin
        Dauphin commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Spelling and grammar mistakes are usually included to weed out those less likely to be susceptible to broad spectrum fraud (if you get a response chances are higher that you have fish in a barrel), and to avoid spam filters. Maths mistakes are included to increase the likelihood that recipients think they are smarter than you, and lower their guard - ah, look, they are only asking for $3,000 instead of $2,000, I am $1,000 up already. Although it runs a bit contrary to the previous point.

Targetted frauds are much more sophisticated of course.

I thought this was going to be about intentionally misleading game guides.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Game guides can read like adverising brochures written by somebody in marketing who has spent five minutes playing the game...

Comment

Working...
        X