Virus Hypothetical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus Hypothetical

If you were to be told that the shelter-in-place or lockdown or what not was going to end next Monday (27th), how would your behavior change for the coming two weeks (so from the 27th to the 8th)?
    I would visit restaurants more.
    33.33%
    I would go to events like concerts/etc.
    0%
    I would go to parks more.
    44.44%
    I would spend more time at work.
    33.33%
    I would spend more time at the gym.
    22.22%
    I would go on international trips more.
    33.33%
    I would go on local (less than 2 hours) trips more.
    55.56%
    I would go on national non-local trips more.
    44.44%
    I would go shopping more.
    33.33%
    I would go see relatives more.
    22.22%
    I would send my kids to daycare/school.
    22.22%
    I would take care of errands more.
    22.22%
    I would go to small group events with friends/etc more
    44.44%
    I would go to church more
    0%
    I would go to pubs/clubs more.
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I would go into the office more, but not 40 hours a week (I don't have a home office). I probably would mostly go at odd hours when I didn't expect to see many people. My work might not even allow to me to come in as we had been asked to work at home before the shelter-in-place order came in (Although the strict order came after the order).

We would definitely take care of errands and go to parks/etc more often. We do go to parks now (California isn't as strict as some places), but would like to go more often.

I think that is about it, our shopping actually didn't change much.

The kids wouldn't return to daycare/school irregardless.

While we miss church, we would probably continue to do church online for a couple of weeks.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Jon Miller I got a billion unapproved posts. Do you have the power to release?
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I don't think so, I think I lost moderator power two owners ago.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Alrighty. Thanks man. The frustrating ones are where you only get like 3 edits then it's flagged for approval. I tried copying and pasting but no luck.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

not much would change, the stores I frequent are still open and so are the golf courses

Comment

Probably no discernable change in behaviour. Then again, my behaviour didn't much change based on new restrictions when they were introduced. Where changes were made they were made before government restrictions, to protect at risk in the family.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I also would not do any of those things.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Despite having what I'm told is a strong immune system, I'm in the high risk group (66 y.o.).
                  I'm also self-employed and work from home, so there would be very little change for me.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Fortunately, the snowflake-like lockdown here allows me to go into parks for walks, exercise etc, as long it's not in groups, and social distancing is kept in place. If that wasn't allowed at some pt. anymore it would be a real downer. I planned an intl trip for earlier this year, so I'd love to be on one still, but rather wait longer...maybe would do more local, depends on how the situation devs...
                    Blah

Comment

I would immediately go back to my regular life. Covid 19 is not particularly dangerous. My kids would go back to school the first day they reopened, I'd start going out to restaurants again etc etc

I don't live with elderly relatives, so there's nobody to protect.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I would condemn the outside world louder for returning to holocaust as usual.

Public bathrooms are out of control.

Pissing next to other humans... we live in a barbaric era of pathetic private and public offerings of facilities.

I'd call basic bathroom design a pedophile plot to watch children piss in public.

the outside world is broken beyond repair
                        and a disgusting perversion
                        for and by perverts

Comment

Peeing in public is not age-related.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

if the standard public restroom, with multiple stalls, didn't already exist and you brought it home to mama or your wife as a model for your startup business

i just can't imagine the conversation
                            a lot of married couples don't keep an open door policy

but you want open door **** and pissing
                            with the community
                            and god forbid the fags can choose huh
                            ""it's the general you
                            intense issue
                            i ****ing hate people who want the mens room to exist

Comment

Working...
                            X