Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fail

A Venezuelan navy patrol vessel has sunk in the Caribbean after ramming a cruise liner, apparently unaware that it had a reinforced hull.

Columbia Cruise Services, the owner of the cruise liner, said that the Venezuelan crew had fired shots and appeared to be trying to seize the civilian vessel, which was also an icebreaker. It described the move as an “act of aggression in international waters”.

The 403ft RCGS Resolute is a luxury liner which sails under a Portuguese flag and is designed for voyages in Antarctica.
    full:
    A Venezuelan navy patrol vessel has sunk in the Caribbean after ramming a cruise liner, apparently unaware that it had a reinforced hull.Columbia Cruise Services, the owner of the cruise liner, said that the Venezuelan crew had fired shots and appeared to be trying to seize the civilian vessel, whic

(needs subscription tho)
    Blah

Venezuela has stopped paying most of its navy regularly so most of them now resort to piracy and extracting illegal tolls from fishermen or the tiny wooden boats which buy goods in places like Trinidad to be brought back for sale in Venezuela. I imagine trying to pirate a cruiseliner is a new low even for them. I expect that shows their increased desperation.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The hardened hull of the cruise ship surely was german quality work

Here a link without subscription needs:
      https://www.dw.com/en/venezuelan-nav...nks/a-53002237
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The patrol vessel got his own wiki

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post

full:
          A Venezuelan navy patrol vessel has sunk in the Caribbean after ramming a cruise liner, apparently unaware that it had a reinforced hull.Columbia Cruise Services, the owner of the cruise liner, said that the Venezuelan crew had fired shots and appeared to be trying to seize the civilian vessel, whic

(needs subscription tho)

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Unfortunately, the most likely lesson the Venezuelans will learn from this is to use their cannons instead of trying to ram.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I disagree with PChang.
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
              X