Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay awesome man!!

Comment

Hearing from you always lifts my spirit. thx. and good luck even though it sounds like you don't use luck.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I love you Pekka.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Congratulations on still being alive!
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

Awfully quiet. Update please, still not dead?
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

In that case I think its okay to put this here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbC6dLG_dQY
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I hope Pekka is self isolating because chemo will depress his immune system.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Finland is doing well in the COVID-19 battle. Pekka is in a safe country.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Thanks for all the positive comments!

Doing better, on chemo, again (take it orally). Treatments have been successful. I am hopeful for more years to come. If it is on remission (possible), then who knows. Many more. I have a great doctor. She is famous, and her colleague is connected with most immunotherapy research and experiments around the Western world. So, should something new come up, they can arrange me a seat. They always do it, if it fits my mutations... so far no luck, but once something comes up, I can get a fair shot at it. This is the medical hope. Also, even with the nasty diagnosis, no one seems to understand why it is not behaving accordingly, and why I still am able to function almost normally.

As for the COVID-19, I am self isolating and go out for a daily walk, work remote. We're OK here. I live 5 minutes away from the main hospital should I need help. I am not in contact with outsiders, the schools are closed so the kids aren't sick and I can be with them. We're projecting the death toll in thousands, worst case in tens of thousands, but most likely thousands. Bars and restaurants are now closed for the duration (except for take away), the economy will tank but the policy is people first, enough intensive care beds and resources, and see when this is over how to recover. It's like war, figure out the work stuff later.

We did lose time with the admin that was late and kind of weak in action, regardless thank God this is not Italy or Spain. They're hurting bad. As is the world.

You guys stay safe too!!!!

edit: in fact I am safer now because regular influenza is dangerous when on chemo, they turn into nasty pneumonias easy. Basially the end result is similar, the body has to fight it off. Safer because people are now more careful. Usually at this time of the year, I'd be scared, using publics with sick people being sick. Now? They stay home. Mostly worried for other people. This will hit many folks. I'll be fine.
                    Last edited by Pekka; March 25, 2020, 15:11.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dm_180307_NBA_BULLS_MARKKANEN_JAMS_ANOTHER_ONE.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	9388696
                      Last edited by Ted Striker; March 28, 2020, 05:07.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Anything from Natural Medicine (run by Natural News) should be completely ignored. It is an anti-scientific website. Just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                          Anything from Natural Medicine (run by Natural News) should be completely ignored. It is an anti-scientific website. Just FYI.
                          Thanks for the heads up, I didn’t realize it.

I deleted the rest of my post as it was irresponsible.
                          Last edited by Ted Striker; March 28, 2020, 05:15.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I admit that rational wiki is biased towards science and more than a bit left wing yet reading their wiki explains why natural news is not a good source. They love every anti-science woo and even promote anti-vaccine bs.

NaturalNews.com[note 2] and its sister sites are run by Michael Allen "Mike" Adams, B.S.[3] (1969 or 1967–)[4] (self-labeled "The Health Ranger") which promotes alternative medicine and related conspiracy theories.[5] The site particularly specializes in vaccine denial and the alleged vaccines-autism link,[6] AIDS/HIV denialism,[7] quack cancer treatments,[8] and conspiracy theories about "Big Pharma".[9] If there's an alternative medicine or alternative medical treatment out there, you can guarantee that NaturalNews has one article singing its praises to the sky and one more bashing the stupid "skeptics". A lot of the website's growth is due to its exposure on Facebook, where it had over 3.5 million followers[note 3] until it was banned (not for any of its content, mind you, but because it was violating Facebook's policy on spamming).[10]

Comment

It is worth noting that the one man show who writes all of natural New’s “articles”, one Mr Adams, sold “healing crystals” which he claimed healed cancer, that he absconded to Equator (a country with no extradition treaty to the US) just days before his trial for selling unproven supposed medical cures to people, that he wrote just absolute bs like allowing your children to get vaccinated would turn them into brains hungry zombies who would murder you in your sleep in order to eat your brains and that getting vaccinated would make your testicles fall off... Well, suffice it to say Mr Adams is not a good source for medical advice. Indeed, he is nothing more than the most base form of charlatan and nothing he writes should be accepted as fact.
                              Last edited by Dinner; March 28, 2020, 05:16.

Comment

Finland aint exactly a tourist attraction, Italy Spain and Iran are

Comment

Working...
                                X