Ducks vs Locusts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducks vs Locusts

China could deploy 100,000 ducks to neighbouring Pakistan to help tackle swarms of crop-eating locusts, according to reports.

Pakistan declared an emergency earlier this month saying locust numbers were the worst in more than two decades.

An agricultural expert behind the scheme says a single duck can eat more than 200 locusts a day and can be more effective than pesticides.

However, another researcher questioned whether the ducks would be effective.

Millions of the insects have also been devastating crops in parts of East Africa.

The Chinese government announced this week it was sending a team of experts to Pakistan to develop "targeted programmes" against the locusts.

(snipsnap)
    full: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51658145

I'm for the ducks in this. However, I'm also concerned about having armies of ducks around. Could be they evolve and demand their own country after they defeated the locust menace...think of planet of apes, just with ducks.

And while ppl may have legitimate sympathies for the duck cause we should not support any extreme duckist movements just because we need those ducks as allies against them locusts!
    Blah

Once you go quack, you never go back!
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      Pakistan could become Quackistan!

Actually, I am on the locusts side.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Something fowl is afoot here ...

China has detected an outbreak of the bird flu near the epicenter of the deadly coronavirus, according to a report. The bird flu outbreak was reported Saturday in Hunan, which borders the province …

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2C252A7500000578-0-image-m-99_1441900475412.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	9387872

They are all in on it ... Communists, Nazis, and Capitalists ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ba051694aa42b02d66613dcd1a6175eb.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	9387873

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	ba051694aa42b02d66613dcd1a6175eb.jpg Views:	5 Size:	169.1 KB ID:	9387873
          Money diving doesn't work so well in real life......
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
          X