Status Update ... ithreadi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status Update ... ithreadi

Just popping in to get a feel for where everyone stands in life now, since I've been mostly away for ages. I did my first day of my second semester in the local community college's respiratory therapy program today; I graduate April 2021. I had my tenth wedding anniversary last September. I have three boys, aged 8, 5, and seven months. I'm living in a really weird house in the Florida Panhandle, working part-time as a retail pharmacy tech to slow the drain on my savings from being a student. Pyrebound has a hundred-odd regular readers. Life is pretty good, all in all. How about you? What's going on in your lives?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Elok is a nerd.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      What's going on in your lives?
      I am logged on to Apolyton, reading this thread.

Comment

My citizenship is being revoked, so I have relocated to Canada where I can get a new citizenship in two years.

IN the past two weeks alone I have a new house, new car, new TV, but still need to add new job to that list. And I have also discovered the joys of having no credit rating. I'm having to pay my credit card off every couple of days or be a chump and pay cash for stuff.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Celebrated 34th wedding anniversary last week. Since it's so close to the holidays, my wife usually forgets it and I'm the hero for remembering. This year, I forgot and she remembered. But since she was feeling superior for having remembered it she let me off the hook. May we have many more.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I found a sucker to pawn Apolyton off on ... finally a free man!

Comment

I’m a vegan treehugger. Planting lots of trees and finding investors to plant more trees. We are buying a mountain. Will plant lots of trees on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	07F2C496-3B54-48D5-A7D8-3BFFF4A879AD.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	367.8 KB
ID:	9386873

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                I found a sucker to pawn Apolyton off on ... finally a free man!
                How much did you pay him?

Comment

I am employed in the US, for the first time in a decade. It isn't physics, which I am not altogether happy about, but it is related (most of the people I work with are former physicists). I am happy about getting paid (and my wife is very happy). I now live in the Bay Area, which we are enjoying.

I haven't given up hope on getting back to physics... someday. I am not willing to do physics in a city that my family does not want to live though, (I have had a couple of discussions with former colleagues).

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post

How much did you pay him?
                    Orders of magnitude less than I was willing to ...

Comment

I got married last May so I now have a wife and step son. Things are looking good.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post

Orders of magnitude less than I was willing to ...
                        So... Who owns this place now?

Comment

Living the good 30 - 40 - 50 somethings with my wife, daughter and son. All is well...
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                            My citizenship is being revoked, so I have relocated to Canada where I can get a new citizenship in two years.

IN the past two weeks alone I have a new house, new car, new TV, but still need to add new job to that list. And I have also discovered the joys of having no credit rating. I'm having to pay my credit card off every couple of days or be a chump and pay cash for stuff.
                            Citizenship from where and why?

Comment

Started as Database Admin for a company of a large european Megacorp last year.
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X