Clear All

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
    Pfffft! Get a real truck.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay112538.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	9386924
    You like 1930's era French delivery vans, eh?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I prefer real cars.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	48773441888_7e0c5f7a40.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	9386929

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

If we are doing bubble cars then I prefer the Messerschmitt Kr200.

Comment

Japanese cars

I own a 2000 Toyota Tarago with 350 000 kms on it, bought it in 2007 with 120 000 kms, it hasn't missed a beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker View Post
            If by European you mean German, those Panzer wagens are way overrated. Maybe they are superior at draining your wallet for all the high service costs.

On a scale of 10, it goes like this:

Tesla 15/10
            Generations ahead of anything out there

Toyota/Honda/Nissan/Suburu - 10/10
            Unkillable

Hyundai/Kia/Genesis - 8/10
            Same features as German luxury for 40% off

BMW - 6/10
            "Brings Me Women". Poser car for bad driving 20 somethings trying to get laid, outdated and falling behind

Mercedes - 5/10
            Chinese corruption status symbol, keeps mechanics employed for life

All American - 3/10
            Killed themselves with planned obsolescence and unappealing styling. Generations will never buy again.

Volkswagen - 3/10
            German label but pretty much operates like an American car company, with reliability issues, sales first and corrupt corporate culture
            Why Vag so bad for you? What are their reliability issues? It seems that almost all new Vag are very reliable. And about the Americans, I do not agree. Take the same Jeep grand cherokee trackhawk - one of the fastest SUVs in general
            Mr Bet winners

Comment

If Vag means VW then their reputation in the US is that they fall apart quickly and cost more than they are worth to repair. Name the part and it will pretty much be cheaper on any American or Asian brand plus you will get comparable or (more often) better quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

I wouldn’t touch a modern Nissan with a ten foot poll. Ever since they (partially) merged without Renault their quality has gone to hell and there is a lot of low quality and poorly designed French parts in their cars. I agree with Toyota and Honda and even, to a lesser extent, Subaru (stay away from their turbo charged models though and their CVT equipped cars tend to have issues).

I actually bought a new Toyota Camry last November (three months ago) for my wife. I would have preferred a Honda Accord but Honda dealers have the bad habit of refusing to negotiate and demanding full MSRP where as Toyota dealers where very happy to negotiate a great end of year sale price. I ended up getting the Camry for almost $4600 off of MSRP.
                Nissan has certainly slipped with their CEO also facing major corruption issues. Even when you go to their service centers, the difference between them and Toyota is pretty striking, it's like one stuck in the 90s and the other with a 2010 makeover.

It's too bad the Japanese brands are so held back by their American dealers and laws, so many shady things they dealers will try to pull on customers.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                X