Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we feel sorry for the Australians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we feel sorry for the Australians?

Basically a nation of climate change deniers being burned by... climate change...

Discuss.

Australia bushfires: towns devastated and lives lost as blazes turn the sky red

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

oh look mobius asking for permission to be ****ty to an entire nation of people
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Plus, overstating the nation of climate change deniers bit.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Uhmn, the english (automatically including the welsh) have burnt far more coal than the aussies so there are way more reason to pity them instead of european sheepbangers
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Only if they vote for Greens or Labor, otherwise we should laugh at them.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
            Uhmn, the english (automatically including the welsh) have burnt far more coal than the aussies so there are way more reason to pity them instead of european sheepbangers
            Sidebar, just for interest:

Australia's coal consumption has exceeded the UK's since at least the mid-90s. Currently they consume 6x that of the UK (absolute, not per capita) and growing.

On the measure of production - Australia is a huge exporter. They currently mine 300x the amount the UK does, and are on par with the US.
            Last edited by Dauphin; January 1, 2020, 15:45.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

there's almsot no incenstive to even acknowledge australia exists let alone find out if it's burning

as to wether it is right that is is burning
              of course
              it is probably an aboriginal curse (a curse with a cold that itsn't original)
              Last edited by Bereta_Eder; January 1, 2020, 18:12.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                Basically a nation of climate change deniers being burned by... climate change...

Discuss.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...y_to_clipboard
                I am sorry that our sheep were not friendly to you.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post

Discuss.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...y_to_clipboard
                  The more I think about it, the more I am starting to believe that the biggest obstacles to an effective climate policy are no longer the climate "sceptics" who deny that there is a problem in the first place, but the activists who can only accept the half-baked "solutions" that fit their preconceived ideology.
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Wow that's a pretty stupid take.

Comment

And since you are the authority on stupid...
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post

The more I think about it, the more I am starting to believe that the biggest obstacles to an effective climate policy are no longer the climate "sceptics" who deny that there is a problem in the first place, but the activists who can only accept the half-baked "solutions" that fit their preconceived ideology.
                        I would tend to agree that a lot of the solutions are not well thought through, and that activists are more interested in being "right" than being "effective". They need a catchy phrase like "Take back climate control" or "Make the climate great again!" to get the masses on board.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

BUILD THE SUNSHADE

LOCK CO2 UP
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

None like it hot!
                            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              BUILD THE SUNSHADE

LOCK CO2 UP
                              THORIUM NUKES
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X