What did you buy this Black Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you buy this Black Friday?

Being the cheap ****er that I am, and I really am, I love getting good deals. Three weeks ago I got a new car for my wife, a 2019 Toyota Camry LE (base model but very well equipped) for $20,088 (six weeks before that my aunt got the exact same car from the same dealer for $19,998 but for some reason the dealer wouldn’t give me the same $90 discount . MSRP was $24,600). So this Black Friday We did do a bit of shopping. Nothing too much but a few nice things. My wife had been complaining that I hadn’t bought her nice things, which ignores the many nice things I have bought her but which she takes for granted (see car as well as wedding ring when we got married last May), so I looked for the extreme discounts offered this Black Friday.

I found a Chinese cultured pearl necklace, 36” in length, at Macy’s, regularly $200 but on sale Black Friday only for $39. There was a set of (small) diamond earrings set in sterling silver sold at J.C. Penny’s regularly $124.95 on sale, Black Friday only, $20. Both were lose leaders but the discounts made my inner cheap skate happy. A bunch of clothes from various stores, shirts, pants, dresses, winter coats, etc... For both my wife and step son. All 50% to 75% off (remember I am a cheap skate and want big discounts). They all were at least name brand clothing.

The boy had been whining that he wanted a t.v. for his bedroom so he could play on his Nintendo switch there instead of in the living room so I got up early this morning and went to Best Buy to get a 65” Hisense 4K tv for just $299.99 (regularly $599.99). Sure, it is not the best of the best tv but will a nine year old know the difference plus the price is right. Lastly, Walmart had many Nintendo Switch games $30 off so we got him two games which seemed to make him happy and keep him from using my PC to play fortnite which makes me happy.

Did anyone else engage in the yearly capitalist orgy of conspicuous consumption which is Black Friday?
    Last edited by Dinner; November 30, 2019, 00:34.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I forgot, we bought a bed topper for the boy’s twin bed as he complained the mattress was too firm; regularly $80 but on sale for $40. It was a 3” memory foam so hopefully that makes him happy.

Comment

a gorilla multi-function ladder and a propane torch

Comment

Just food for daily consumption. There was no specificly great deal for it
        Blah

Comment

Nothing. Anyone who does is simply a brain-dead moron who has been conditioned by people far smarter than him to worship at the altar of empty capitalist consumerism.

Author of OP: Exhibit A
          "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

In fact, actually reading your post is ****ing depressing.
            "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
              Nothing. Anyone who does is simply a brain-dead moron who has been conditioned by people far smarter than him to worship at the altar of empty capitalist consumerism.

Author of OP: Exhibit A
              Missed you, bro.

Comment

I bought a club sub from Jersey Mike's.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Was the bacon crispy?

Comment

Or we could just not worry about it so much. Seems a lot less stressful.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I totally outsmarted Amazon et al. by ordering stuff waaayyyy before! So all their emails these days were useless
                      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                        a gorilla multi-function ladder and a propane torch
                        You plan to be climbing things and cutting them with a blow torch?

Comment

nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            Or we could just not worry about it so much. Seems a lot less stressful.
                            wow. wrong thread. way too lazy to fix.

Comment

Does that mean the bacon was crispy?

Comment

Working...
                              X