Germans were able to walk upright before everyone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germans were able to walk upright before everyone else

Senational fossile discovery in Bavaria.

Fossile remains of am unknown great ape species (now christened Danuvius guggenmosi) that lived 12 million years ago and already was able to walk upright
    (i.e. it is more than 6 million years older than any other upright walking great ape species that has been found so far)

The remains of an ancient ape found in a Bavarian clay pit suggest that humans' ancestors began standing upright millions of years earlier than previously thought, scientists said Wednesday.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

A new great ape species which lived in Europe? It is kind of amazing they are only finding out about its fossils now.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Did they find the rod stuck up their ass that forced them to walk upright?
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        A new great ape species which lived in Europe? It is kind of amazing they are only finding out about its fossils now.
        Probably because they are so old.
        All Fossiles we find are the result of very good conditions (that were well enough to preserve them over all the millions of years).

I guess that the temperate climate of europe isn't well suited for the preservation of fossils.

Also there is another factor:
        Europe has been rather densely populated for thousands of years. I guess this resulted in the loss of huge numbers of possible fossils.
        People dug holes for their buildings, found fossils (but didn't actually recognize them, at this time, as what they are) and tossed them away onto some garbage pile, where they got lost.
        Or they broke stones in Quarries (which contained fossiles) and they now are either part of buildings or, as well, are now vroken into tiny pieces.

So, I guess the lonely arid environments of Africa or Australia (and some regions of the USA) are much better suited for the preservation of fossils ...
        and the discovery of fossils that are millions of years old is much rarer in europe than elsewhere.

It surely would be fascinating to know, what else can be found in european soil
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

They learned to walk upright so they could march into Poland

Comment

Back then Earth was basically Planet of the Apes.
            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
              Back then Earth was basically Poland of the Apes.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I like the way this thread is going.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  I like the way this thread is going.
                  To Poland?

Comment

When we were building the Parthenon you were monkies hanging from the trees.
                    (still are)

Comment

Disclaimer: not just the germans

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                        Did they find the rod stuck up their ass that forced them to walk upright?
                        You are confusing huns with the anglosaxons

Comment

I don't think so but if you insist.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                          X