Brainwashing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brainwashing Thread

Sleep is profoundly restorative for the brain, partly because it clears solutes and waste products.

This flushing works best during the deepest periods of sleep, but why is that? Data from the lab of Laura Lewis, Boston University, suggest that during stretches of slow-wave, non-REM sleep, periodic waves of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) wash through the brain.

Interestingly, the timing of these waves corresponds with the slow neuronal oscillations that define this stage of sleep, and with accompanying fluctuations in blood-oxygen level. The results suggest that electrophysiological waves drive slow pulses of CSF, and that this coupling is mediated by changes in blood volume.

“This is an exciting study,” said Henrik Zetterberg, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, who was not involved in the project. “It shows quite convincingly that a change in neuronal activity precedes the change in fluid movement in the brain in deep sleep,” he said.

(...washed out by snipsnap...)
    full article:

Precious body fluids
    Blah

yes, I was brainwashed... By MSNBC, but I got better

maybe this should be an advertisement for sleeping pills

I've thought for some time now older people die for lack of sleep, so they nap far too much and rarely get into a deep sleep. And people who suffer from apnea or too many bathroom trips have the same problem, they cant get into deep sleep

Maybe this causes dementia or alzheimers, the brain gets clogged up in people who cant sleep well.

Comment

The secret to immortality... not letting old people go to bed before 8 PM???

Comment

You are very bad at brainwashing. You should at least play some good cop, bad cop type situation and maybe try for a Patty Hurst/Stockholm type situation. At the very least you get to **** some hotty.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
        X