No announcement yet.

Lori's Periodic Whinge About Still Being Single

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you say you're lonely, is that in general?

As in, do you at least have a good friends network?

Don't know if this is international, but there's always things like meetup.com or US equivalents...

There's tons of stuff going on in Cardiff, so I imagine it'll be the same where you are, if you know where to look.

Start there. Meet people, then you never know where it might lead...

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Mobius!

Welcome back!

Comment

A friend of mine met his wife by going on one of those Sierra Club get always.

That was the local program he used but there are more all across the US. Meetup would be a cheaper alternative.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I have a longstanding friend group, but most of my friends' friends are already paired off. Expanding the pool of available women by building an entirely new friend group is an arduous solution for someone like me with my myriad social anxieties.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The nice thing about event groups is everyone is meeting everyone else for the first time as well plus you are doing the event (in the example I gave above hiking and wilderness skills) so most of the time the instructors will be speaking and even when hiking or doing activities you at least have something in common to talk about.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              I have a longstanding friend group, but most of my friends' friends are already paired off. Expanding the pool of available women by building an entirely new friend group is an arduous solution for someone like me with my myriad social anxieties.
              I would think all those pairing offs would benefit you. They'd be more aware of your situation and easier to talk into pimping for you.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post

I would think all those pairing offs would benefit you. They'd be more aware of your situation and easier to talk into pimping for you.
                Totally this!
                "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  Try harder
                  Best advice in the thrade, IMO.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                    Mobius!

Welcome back!

thanks

Comment

Seconded
                      "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

It's very easy to make new friends. Just go where people go to make new friends
                        Everyone has social anxiety because WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

Comment

Try street pickup
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

fake boris sighting

Comment

Working...
                            X