Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
    WHAT??????!!!!
    You mean its' jsut two weeks and even those are not paid?????
    It's not a uniform thing. It varies from employer to employer. Some have a chunk of leave that accrues each pay period, others have no official leave but can theoretically take off just by getting approval from their manager, others (usually government employees) have a fixed amount of leave per year. Depending on how you get leave, you can bank leave from year to year, or maybe you have to use it or lose it or can cash it out at the end of the year. Part-time employees are often out of luck and get no leave (so they can request off, but of course won't get paid).

For me, as a University of Maryland employee, there are 15 holidays I get off (between Federal holidays, Spring Break, and Christmas), but I also accrue annual leave (vacation) and sick leave each pay period, and I have 3 days of "personal leave" for whatever comes up during the year. At present, I have 209 hours of annual leave and 28.5 hours of sick leave built up.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The best looking women are in California, but I would never go back.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Why not?

Comment

Why not?
          California has been going downhill for a long time. They only have one political party for the state and it's corrupt. They cause problems on purpose then the propose so-called solutions that don't fix the problem but give them more power (make the people dependent on them). If that's where your business is it's where you should be, but if you own a house you should sell and move so you can live better.

Comment

I wish you the best Kid, anyway it comes

Comment

I wish you the best Kid, anyway it comes
              You too. God bless.

Comment

Comment

When you die you won't remember

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                  X