root canal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• root canal

I got a root canal yesterday and honestly I'd rather get another one today than continue to read the same dumb Kidicious/Trump ****posts that have consumed this forum. (But honestly the root canal wasn't that bad, so my previous statement doesn't adequately express how distasteful I find all this to be.)
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Well at least you probably got drugs for the the root canal.
    Too bad there's no drugs to help you when reading our Kidiot's post.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I got one yesterday too.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        Well at least you probably got drugs for the the root canal.
        Too bad there's no drugs to help you when reading our Kidiot's post.
        Nah! They numbed me for the procedure itself and I took a bunch of ibuprofen yesterday before the numbing wore off, and today there's some veeeeery mild soreness, but that's it. I'm really kind of disappointed. I was expecting much worse.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I got Percocet when my wisdom teeth were removed. It was okay, but mostly it made me sleepy. I took them because it was hard to sleep without them, and didn't feel at all tempted to abuse them after. People will abuse some really horrifying things; Lomotil, for example, is an anti-diarrhea drug made up of the opiate diphenoxylate and the anti-cholinergic agent atropine. Atropine gives you blurry vision, dry eyes, dry mouth, constipation, urine retention, and impotence, along with making you anxious and irritable and possibly full-blown psychotic (it's derived from belladonna/nightshade, related to jimpsonweed). That's leaving aside the side effects of the opiate, and opiate side effects can be bad enough that patients routinely mistake them for an allergic reaction. The fact that some people are hard-up enough to abuse Lomotil says more about the people abusing it than the terribly addictive nature of drugs IMO.

There are also people who abuse Immodium. You have to take a LOT of Immodium to get an opiate-like effect. I don't even want to think about how constipated that must make you.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The big question was if the tooth was dead or not. I've had it both ways and when it's dead it's not a problem but when the root is still alive. I WANT LOTS OF DRUGS
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well the weird thing is I went into the dentist originally because an old filling had broken/fallen out, but I haven't had any pain or sensitivity or anything like that. Root canal was recommended anyway (from multiple dentists) because the decay was apparently so deep that if they did try to replace the filling or put on a crown, they would get to the root anyway. As far as I know my pulp was perfectly healthy, so I was pretty reticent about getting the root canal until I got opinions on my x-rays from like 5 different dental professionals who all said the same thing.

Comment

The last time I had one done the dentist proclaimed now is the moment of truth. When I looked up confused he said, if the root is still alive you'll be picking specs off the ceiling while you're up there. Fortunately it was dead and I stayed seated.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Anyone who reads Kid's posts should have access to opioids, imo

Comment

No cavities or root canals yet!
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                      Anyone who reads Kid's posts should have access to opioids, imo
                      Kid is basically the Tooth Fairy of Apolyton. If you make a post about Trump in the evening and leave, you see lotsa Kid posts in a row on the next day. It's magic!
                      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        No cavities or root canals yet!
                        That's either because you go to the dentist or you don't go to the dentist.

Comment

I had 2 w/crowns this past spring and summer and a few cavities filled

the worst pain I felt was during a cavity filling, the needle with the numbing agent hit a nerve on the way in

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

That's either because you go to the dentist or you don't go to the dentist.
                            Twice a year every year. I also have had my teeth sealed several times.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I've been to the dentist more in the last month than in the previous 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X