Allegations of bed bugs at Trump's Doral resort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allegations of bed bugs at Trump's Doral resort

The hashtag #BedBugSummit trended on Twitter Friday due to allegations of past infestation at President Trump’s resort in Doral, Fla. The news resurfaced following the announcement that the U.S. will host next year’s Group of Seven (G-7) summit at the Trump property.

In the day after White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney told reporters that the 2020 G-7 summit would take place at Trump National Doral, nearly 30,000 tweets had been sent using the hashtag.

Holly Figueroa O’Reilly, a songwriter and founder of the Blue Wave Crowdsource — an organization that aims to support Democratic candidates — tweeted a January 2017 Miami Herald article covering a lawsuit against Trump Doral over bedbugs.

"Bring the leaders of the free world to Doral, he said. What could go wrong, he said," she tweeted.

Oh, and also the main kitchen at his "resort" has had health code violations in the double digits every year since 2013

Holy sh!t, if he forces Justin Trudeau, Boris Johnson, Emmanuel Macron, Angela Merkel, Giuseppe Conte, and Shinzo Abe to sleep in bed bug infested beds and eat roach infested food I might just be forced to support him

Blah

Comment

Some people said something on the internets. This is news. Derp derp.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No, investigators never found bedbugs. But the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation has discovered numerous problems in recent years, particularly inside the 800-acre club’s various restaurants and kitchens. They range from minor complaints such as dirty kitchen appliances, to more egregious violations such as live roaches near ovens and food preparation areas.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          Some people said something on the internets. This is news. Derp derp.
          It was based upon an allegation from three years ago which Trump settled out of court. How much Trump paid the family with the bed bug bites is unknown as the settlement terms were kept secret by Trump. He could wave that at any time and clear everything up though I doubt he will.

Comment

We’ll never know now. Trump actually backed down and is now going to have the G7 at Camp David.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Donald wanted to drag the complete G7 leadership into his corrupt swamp. Only the witchhunt vs. bed bugs saved them.
              Blah

Comment

Factually speaking it was probably so many Republicans publicly stating it would break the emolument clause which did it. Not any stupid hash tag.

Comment

It has nothing to do with any of that. He just wanted to blame the media and Ds for "forcing" him to choose an inferior location.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So now Trump has actually changed his mind about something, based on outside forces. Sure, he's blaming Dems instead of the real culprit: the Constitution. But hey, that's actually significant progress.

• Kidlicious
                    Kidlicious commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ??? So you think he should just have followed along with the fake news and outrage culture?

Kid is so deep into the Trump cult that he thinks Camp David is "inferior" to Trump's failing "resort"

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                    Kid is so deep into the Trump cult that he thinks Camp David is "inferior" to Trump's failing "resort"
                    A member of the Church of Fake News is calling people cult members.

Comment

Working...
                    X