Star Wars or Star Trek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
    Jar Jar Binks was ... responsible for everything bad that happens in all the movies.
    He is.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The Truth of Jar Jar Binks
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Read the Mandalorian eps are rather short, 30 mins or so - I'll wait until I can watch 2-3 of those in a row.
        Blah

Comment

Seen the first two. I like it, the western setting is cool, so is the action, and despite the massive cuteness of Baby Yoda there's not much annoying stuff so far a la JarJar or Ewoks. I hope they keep this tone/atmo.

Yeah some more drama/intrigue/conspiracy storylines could not hurt, there are a few bits and hints, but the eps are short, so not much in this regard yet.

The big SW movies, even the last ones which were certainly better than Ep I-III regularly leave me kinda disappointed, despite all the extra bombast. I didn't feel this with this show so far.
          Blah

Comment

Odo kicked the bucket...
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Odo/Quark dialogues were some of the best in ST.

RIP René Auberjonois
              Blah

Comment

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is just weeks away, but those who have photosensitive epilepsy may want to take certain steps before viewing the film. Walt Disney Studios and The Epilepsy Foundation have warned viewers that "the film contains several sequences with imagery and sustained flashing lights that may affect those with photosensitive epilepsy."

Disney isn't saying exactly what those sequences are, since the plot of the ninth and final movie in the Star Wars series is tightly guarded. But the Epilepsy Foundation offers numerous tips for those who are sensitive to lights, including asking a friend to see the film first and then attending with them, asking them to indicate scenes with flashing lights so the affected person can block his or her eyes.

The group also suggests people with photosensitive epilepsy teach their companions what to do in case of a seizure.
                Disney and The Epilepsy Foundation suggest those with photosensitive epilepsy see the film with a friend who can warn them about flashing lights.

Blasters or lightsabers? I'd say the flashy lights of those are a tactical disadvantage since they always reveal your position. Unless you're a stormtrooperguy wearing plain white body armor in whatever climate/vegetation, then it plays no role... /cts
                Blah

Comment

Working...
                X