Star Wars or Star Trek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars or Star Trek?

I've heard that Star Trek and Star Wars fans can't agree on the subject. I like them both and relies that one is science fiction and the other is science fantasy. Out of all the fantasy worlds I've come across from reading and through movies and T.V. Star Trek is the made up world I would enjoy the most to live in.
    Which is your fav and which fantasy world would you enjoy to live in.
    comments?

Why not combine the two?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	UsseniumFalcorprise.PNG
Views:	154
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	9382951
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

There should be a combined Star Trek Wars universe with Picard using the force to get "Earl Grey, hot" from the replicator, which however turns out to be a protocol droid, so pretty useless overall.
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        Trek Wars
        Well, Shatner writes the TekWar novels.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The star wars universe always seemed pretty depressing.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            The star wars universe always seemed pretty depressing.
            One of the few realistic things about Star Wars
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

True dat
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think the disagreement is over which is better.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

This is Poly, the disagreement can be about anything
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

They've both sucked for so long now it's hard to choose between them.
                    "

Comment

They both started out fine, they just went downhill from there.
                      Or maybe I just got older.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I always liked Star Wars vs. Game of Thrones
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

After thinking about it for 60 seconds I've come to a conclusion. The original Star Wars movies are better than any three Star Trek Movies. But everything else Star Wars related is crap to mediocre(Maybe Rogue One is above average). Meanwhile Star Trek has at least 3 great TV series and many okay to good movies, so I have to give the edge to Star Trek. And the Star Wars lows are lower than the Star Trek lows.
                          "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                            ........And the Star Wars lows are lower than the Star Trek lows.
                            Two Words: Space Hippies

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• EPW
                              EPW commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Spock's Brain is worse IMO. Actually there's two dozen or so other totally forgettable episodes that deserve consideration.

star trek

i liked spaceballs more than star wars

Comment

Working...
                            X