God: The Colonizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God: The Colonizer

GO, AND MAKE DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS, BAPTIZING THEM IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE ALL THAT I HAVE COMMANDED YOU.
    The Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

WTF Kid?
    Blah

Comment

• Kidlicious
      Kidlicious commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you think Christianity is a colonizing religion?

Discuss

Comment

Why? It's more fun watching the monkey dance by himself. .
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's certainly easier to persuade people to join your religion if you conquer them and establish yourself as the ruling class. As has happened in Latin America and most of the Islamic world.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
          It's certainly easier to persuade people to join your religion if you conquer them and establish yourself as the ruling class. As has happened in Latin America and most of the Islamic world.
          He wasn't talking about that. He was talking about spreading the Gospel through the Roman Empire. But military strength is always good.

Comment

Yes, convert or be killed can be quite effective. A popular theme with Christianity and Islam.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X