Climate Change "Debate"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
    If Greenland melts - and it is melting now - seas will rise 20-25 ft.
    Current Greenlandic meltoff surplus is something like 260 billion tons of ice a year - approximately 260 cubic kilometers. Problem is that there are 2 million of those that need to melt to get those 20-25 ft.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      There is decades of evidence both from the US and from around the world, that this is not the regime we are in and not the regime we would enter if we taxed at the level of any of the mainstream presidential candidates propose (Warren, Sanders, et al.).

JM
      Well Bernie Sanders put Linda Sarsour on his campaign. Warren is probably wondering why she didn't do that first. You think these people don't want to tax the middle class? They want to tax you and do a lot more than that. I mean that's why we constantly here about all this BS about concentration camps. It's so obvious.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• You keep name-dropping "Linda Sarsour" as if anyone knows who that is

Comment

• Women's March reject

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post

Current Greenlandic meltoff surplus is something like 260 billion tons of ice a year - approximately 260 cubic kilometers. Problem is that there are 2 million of those that need to melt to get those 20-25 ft.
            I think your numbers are out by a factor of 200. I.e., 10,000 not 2 million, assuming the melt off was 260 cubic km.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

I think your numbers are out by a factor of 200. I.e., 10,000 not 2 million, assuming the melt off was 260 cubic km.
              The numbers are from Ã…rhus Universitet (second largest in Denmark) and pretty solid - wiki even say that it's 2,850,000 km3
              Where do you get that small number from ?
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• It was funny when Chernobyl Miniseries was on. People were saying that it should how bad the USSR was, but Climate Nazis got mad because it was intended to be leftist propaganda.

Comment

• Buttigieg said that causing climate change is a sin and now people are mad because theism is an obvious problem for their atheism.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pretty sure people understand that climate change affects both believers and atheists equally.

• Kidlicious
                    Kidlicious commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What does that have to do with atheists being intolerant of a people like Buttigieg that claim to be Christian?

• Kidlicious
                    Kidlicious commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The DNC no longer has any religious affiliation btw because they believe that that violates people's civil liberties.

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post

The numbers are from Ã…rhus Universitet (second largest in Denmark) and pretty solid - wiki even say that it's 2,850,000 km3
                  Where do you get that small number from ?
                  I divided 2.8 million km3 by 260 km3 and got on the order of 10,000, not 2 million. I misunderstood your meaning of 2 million of those to mean the fraction (it has to happen 2 million times), not the absolute (2 million km3)
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• pchang
                    pchang commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The problem is that we don’t need the ice to all melt. It just has to slip off the land and into the sea. It can also come from other places, like Antarctica. 20-25 ft. in the near term does not seem correct, but 3 ft. in the next 30 years seems fairly likely.

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

I divided 2.8 million km3 by 260 km3 and got on the order of 10,000, not 2 million. I misunderstood your meaning of 2 million of those to mean the fraction (it has to happen 2 million times), not the absolute (2 million km3)
                  When I read the danish article I had to do it at couple of times to get it right and then thought I got it clear here.

The fun thing actually happens if all those millions was to melt - not only will Greenland rise due to the lost mass, but the sea level will also fall because of this loss.

pchang, the risk of a slide is not that high - Greenlands center is a bit below the mountains around the coast.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                    You keep name-dropping "Linda Sarsour" as if anyone knows who that is
                    Oh, I think most informed people know who that convicted terrorist and all around racist piece of garbage woman is. If not then you should probably educate yourself especial as she wants all people of your background killed.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Death to all white menz

Comment

• Giblets isn't a white man. He bent the knee and gave up whiteness just like Bernie.

Comment

• didn't she just endorse a jewish white man?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            Buttigieg said that causing climate change is a sin and now people are mad because theism is an obvious problem for their atheism.
                            Good for Buttigieg. This does not put him above Warren for me, but he is still in the running.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                            X