Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Occupy Democrats is the top page for progressives on Facebook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupy Democrats is the top page for progressives on Facebook.

Here's my source although there's an entire article about this at Newswhip. I don't know how to access it.

FoxNews is #1 for conservatives btw.

Occupy Democrats repeatedly puts out fake news that is even refuted by Snopes. Right now a meme is circulating from them that claims that Trump thinks he is really the Messiah. It's not that they think this is a joke. They really believe this.

This thread is a place to discuss the social effects of this problem.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

This is the Tim Pool YouTube video that I got the idea from ....

Comment

This is the result of left-wing bias on social media. Occupy Democrats is the equivalent of Info Wars, but Info Wars is banned. Everything on the right, like Info Wars is banned. So conservatives are left with Fox News, but Democrats can still get their fake news. I doubt if it will even be fact checked. Can someone confirm?

Comment

I saw fake news there. No fact checking. I didn't see anything fact checked on that page.

Comment

If you don't like Facebook, leave

Comment

Oh looks like I struck a nerve. Someone's fav?

Comment

You looked lonely

Comment

I've never touched facecrack. And i never will.
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

I talk to all my friends on there. That's pretty much the only place unless they live in Tulsa area.

Comment

Basically I have a love hate relationship with Facebook.

Comment

If I used Facebook I wouldn't use it as a news source lol

Comment

I get all my fake news from memes and animated GIFs. But only those from 2015 or earlier.

Looking at their post linked to, the one that seems to have accounted for a huge portion of their activity in 2015, it’s not what I would call progressive. It’s “stand by France, like they stood by us on 9/11” after the terrorist attack in Paris. It’s well designed to get shares and comments, appeals to most non-crazy people.

Comment

If you look at their more recent political posts, they don’t get much in the way of interactions. I have posts that get more responses.

So claiming they are the most influential progressive outlet on Facebook seems rather absurd.

Bear in mind Facebook tends to hide page posts from most users, even those who follow the page, even those who tag it “see first”, in an attempt to force pages to pay to extend reach. So outside stuff that goes viral, those that have high numbers are basically buying views by advertising on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            I talk to all my friends on there. That's pretty much the only place unless they live in Tulsa area.
                            I especially avoid facebook when it comes to talking to my friends.

I don't want my talks to get into their databases and maybe serve as source for hand tailored ads, or be used (and linked with other things) for other commercial purposes

There are better and more confidential ways to communicate.

In fact I have neither my friends nor members of my family in my facebook contacts, despite the fact that some of them are on facebook as well
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

There are better and more confidential ways to communicate.
                              Such as...?
                              Last edited by Bereta_Eder; August 31, 2019, 07:11.

Comment

Working...
                              X