No announcement yet.

They bring drugs, they bring crime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naw, it's the sound of everyone making fun of you. Moron.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't make fun of Kidiot… He hasn't posted here in weeks.

Originally posted by rah View Post
    Naw, it's the sound of everyone making fun of you. Moron.
    Get a sense of humor before you tell a joke.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Wooooosh.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Most people that sell pot sell it to minors, which causes psychosis. Also, 1/3 of violence against children is perpetrated by potheads.
        Is that true for states that legalized recreational pot or do minors have even more access? When I was growing up minors could buy cigs and booze without too much trouble but they cracked down on that. Pot doesn't 'cause' psychosis from what I understand, it can be a trigger for people who are prone to episodes of psychosis. When I was prescribed Chantix to kick my cigarette habit (it worked) the accompanying warning that came with the drug was the potential for suicidal thoughts and other unpleasantries... for people who are prone, ie a small percentage of the population will react negatively. I cant even claim having the vivid dreams others had.

I'd like to see the study linking pot to violence against children because its counter intuitive, pot has a mellowing effect. Alcohol has the opposite so do you have research comparing potheads to drunken potheads?

Comment

Kid just pulled that out of his ass, so don't expect anything.
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

How would Kidiot know that Berz... He just made it up
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

Is that true for states that legalized recreational pot or do minors have even more access? When I was growing up minors could buy cigs and booze without too much trouble but they cracked down on that. Pot doesn't 'cause' psychosis from what I understand, it can be a trigger for people who are prone to episodes of psychosis. When I was prescribed Chantix to kick my cigarette habit (it worked) the accompanying warning that came with the drug was the potential for suicidal thoughts and other unpleasantries... for people who are prone, ie a small percentage of the population will react negatively. I cant even claim having the vivid dreams others had.

I'd like to see the study linking pot to violence against children because its counter intuitive, pot has a mellowing effect. Alcohol has the opposite so do you have research comparing potheads to drunken potheads?
              Yes it triggers it. Or actually they can't tell for sure, but the problem is that the typical young person doesn't know if they are predisposed. Here's my source on that...

Let me look for the link for the research on violence against children.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kidicious;n9380213]

Most people that sell pot sell it to minors, /QUOTE]

No reference for this I guess.

Wouldn't it be easier to just post your sources when you made the claims. Instead of making it look like you looked it up much later.
                No credibility
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Here's info on a study that found that marijuana using parents administered more of all kinds of discipline including physical abuse. They do not chill more.

study of California parents found that current marijuana users administered more discipline techniques of all kinds to their children on average than did non-users. That includes everything from timeouts to, in some cases, physical abuse.

"The acceptability of marijuana is growing in the United States and with that, more parents feel free to use the drug, sometimes even in front of their children," said Bridget Freisthler, co-author of the study and professor of social work at The Ohio State University.

"Some parents claim it makes them a better, more relaxed parent, but that may not be the case."

The effect of marijuana use on parenting is a relevant concern: A 2017 survey from Yahoo News and Marist College found that 54 percent of adults who use marijuana in the United States are parents. A majority of those parents have children under the age of 18. Some groups of "marijuana moms" claim that use makes them better parents.

The results of this new study suggest that marijuana users -- who are nearly always (92 percent of the time) also alcohol users -- are trying to control their kids more than non-users, Freisthler said.

"It appears that users may be quicker than other parents to react to minor misbehavior," she said.

"We can't tell from this study, but it may be that parents who use marijuana or alcohol don't want their children to spoil the buzz they have, or bother them when they have a hangover."

Freisthler conducted the study with Nancy Jo Kepple of the University of Kansas. Their results were published online this week in the Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions.

The researchers interviewed 3,023 randomly selected California parents of children 12 years old or younger by telephone in 2009. They asked participants about their recent use (in the past year) and past use (a year or more ago) of alcohol, marijuana, methamphetamine and other drugs.

They also asked how often the parents used non-violent discipline (such as timeouts or taking away privileges), corporal punishment (such as spanking) and physical abuse (such as hitting a child with a fist).

This is one of the first studies to look at how use of specific types of substances are related to a variety of parental discipline practices in the general population, Freisthler said.

The findings revealed that parents who used marijuana in the past year tended to use more of all types of discipline compared to non-users, even after taking into account a variety of other factors that could impact use of discipline, such as parental stress and depression and child and parent demographics. The same was true of alcohol users.

Parents who had used alcohol or marijuana in the past, but were not at the time of the research interview, also applied most types of discipline more often than did non-users.

And the more substances that parents used, the more often they disciplined their children in all types of ways, according to the study. For example, parents who reported using the most substances practiced physical abuse at a rate about 1.45 times greater than those who used only one substance.

Results showed that the annual frequency of physical abuse was 0.5 times higher among parents who used both alcohol and marijuana in the past year, compared to those who consumed only alcohol.

"The use of several different kinds of substances certainly is a warning sign that parents may be relying more heavily on discipline to control their children," she said.

Freisthler said this study shows that while marijuana use has become more mainstream and is legal in more states, there is still need for caution.

"Marijuana use is not risk-free. It affects a lot of behaviors, including parenting."

The study was supported by a grant from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

Comment

Only took 12 hours to find something.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The results of this new study suggest that marijuana users -- who are nearly always (92 percent of the time) also alcohol users
                      Gee, maybe it's the booze?

Comment

The researchers interviewed 3,023 randomly selected California parents of children 12 years old or younger by telephone in 2009. They asked participants about their recent use (in the past year) and past use (a year or more ago) of alcohol, marijuana, methamphetamine and other drugs.

They also asked how often the parents used non-violent discipline (such as timeouts or taking away privileges), corporal punishment (such as spanking) and physical abuse (such as hitting a child with a fist).
                        I would suspect that all else equal, the odds of someone admitting to a random stranger that they physically abuse their children increases as their mental clarity decreases.

Comment

Or their odds of admitting both of those things is higher if they're honest.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                            Only took 12 hours to find something.
                            He also discovered the secret of cut&paste.

Blah

Comment

rah must smoke a lot of weed because he keeps lying about how much he watches CNN.

Comment

Working...
                              X