The hoax attack on the Jews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hoax attack on the Jews

This is what anti-semites do. It's what Nazis do. They pull stunts and then they accuse Jews.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Now they are sharing anti-semitic cartoons on social media. The cartoonist is an award winning anti-semite. Why does social media allow this?

Ben Shapiro: Omar, Tlaib sharing accused anti-Semitic artist's cartoon getting underwhelming media coverage

By Charles Creitz | Fox News
    Continue Reading Below

The media would treat differently a right-wing lawmaker potentially disseminating a racist image than two Democratic representatives sharing a controversial cartoon, according to Ben Shapiro.

The image, drawn by controversial Brazilian cartoonist Carlos Latuff and shared by Reps. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., and Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., is highly offensive, Shapiro claimed Monday on "The Daily Briefing."

"The cartoon is not merely offensive because it basically paints Benjamin Netanyahu's arms silencing Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar as the Israeli flag, and invokes obviously the idea that Israel is trying to silence these Muslim congresswomen, but it turns out the person who created this cartoon came in second in the 2006 Iran Holocaust denial contest," he said.

"There's actually a cartoon contest in Iran for this sort of thing."

TLAIB, OMAR SHARE IMAGE BY ARTIST ONCE CELEBRATED IN IRAN'S HOLOCAUST CARTOON CONTEST

Continue Reading Below

Pointing to what he considered a stark contrast, Shapiro explained why he thought the media isn't giving the story its due.

"Imagine that somebody on the right had tweeted out a cartoon by a virulent racist and had done so knowing what that person was," the Daily Wire editor-in-chief said. More from Media

"There would be appropriate blowback. You're getting none of that from the mainstream media today."

The 35-year-old commentator was nonetheless not shocked.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"None of this is surprising," he said.

He said Tlaib and Omar were to be part of a tour run by a controversial regional group.

An error occurred while retrieving the Tweet. It might have been deleted.

"When the media are in search of a narrative about victimized congresspeople at the hands of the 'nefarious Jewish State,' they're willing to overlook all evidence to the contrary."

At a Monday press conference in St. Paul, Minn., Omar said Del. Stacey Plaskett, D-Virgin Islands, was also scheduled to join them on the controversial trip.
    Last edited by Kidlicious; August 22, 2019, 12:57.

Comment

What are you talking about?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        What are you talking about?
        I'm talking about them accusing people of banning Muslims and trying to silence them. I'm talking about acting like they couldn't go to Israel.

Comment

Tlaib cried about check points that are there to prevent terrorist attacks. That's what I'm talking about, hoax.

Comment

These two have handlers. It's not just some moron that doesn't understand why we have check points.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
              -Jrabbit commented
              Editing a comment
              "we" have check points LOL.
              Didn't know you were Israeli.

• giblets
              giblets commented
              Editing a comment
              He's white, therefore the European settlers are "us" and the natives are "them".

While we are at it:

US President Donald Trump has said Jewish Americans who vote for the Democratic Party show "either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty".

The remark drew sharp criticism that Mr Trump had used an anti-Semitic trope accusing Jews of dual loyalty.

The Jewish Democratic Council of America said the president was trying to "weaponise and politicise anti-Semitism" for political gain.

The remark followed attacks by Mr Trump on two Muslim Democratic congresswomen.

The president has repeatedly accused Democratic representatives Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib of anti-Semitism.

Under pressure from Mr Trump, Israel last week blocked Ms Omar and Ms Tlaib from entering the country. The two women, who are vocal critics of the Israeli government, had been due to visit the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem.

Israel later agreed to let Ms Tlaib make a "humanitarian" visit to her grandmother in the occupied West Bank, but she declined, saying she could not comply with the "oppressive conditions" being imposed.

An alarming question of loyalty
            Analysis by Paul Danahar, Americas Bureau Chief

President Trump is not a man who is careful with his words. He has often seemed to consider exaggerations, untruths and insults to simply be part of the rough and tumble of American politics.

But words matter for the Jewish community because words have been used throughout history as a means to slaughter them by the millions. So when President Trump casually threw out what appeared to be an anti-Semitic trope about 'dual loyalty' during his freewheeling press conference in the Oval Office, Jews had reason to be alarmed.

In the present climate, with a resurgence of white supremacists and neo-Nazis, the president, seeming to question where their 'loyalty' lay, will be truly frightening for the Jewish community. It re-injects a racist fringe group conspiracy into the body politic.

The allegation makes no sense on many levels but also because many Jews have found their political home in the Democratic Party because, in its modern form, it has been the party that's sought to protect minority groups. Many American Jews, just like many American Christians, are very supportive of the State of Israel even if they are often sharply critical of the Israeli government. However, it's only Jews that are quizzed about what that support says about their loyalty to the US.

With white nationalists across the world often writing '"political manifestos" before they commit mass murder against minorities, the old World War 2 adage that 'Careless words cost lives' seems increasingly relevant today for anyone who holds public office.

What did the president say?

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Mr Trump said: "I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat, I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty."

On Wednesday, he denied his comments were racist and told reporters: "If you vote for a Democrat, you're being disloyal to Jewish people and you're being very disloyal to Israel."

Earlier in the day, he quoted a conservative commentator's praise on Twitter who said "the Jewish people in Israel love him like he's the King of Israel".

"They love him like he is the second coming of God," Mr Trump's tweet continued.

Why is it being called anti-Semitic?

The remark was denounced by a number of Jewish American groups, which said it played on an anti-Semitic canard that accuses Jews of being more devoted to Israel or their faith than to their own countries.

The same notion of dual loyalty has landed Ms Omar, a Minnesota congresswoman, in hot water.

She has apologised after claiming that Israel had "hypnotised" the world. She was also rebuked by the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives over comments targeting lobbying firms that support Israel.

Ahead of the vote, which condemned "hateful expressions of intolerance", Ms Omar pushed back by questioning what she termed "the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country".

The comment sparked fresh complaints of anti-Semitism.

What have critics said?

"If this is about Israel, then Trump is repeating a dual loyalty claim, which is a form of anti-Semitism," Halie Soifer, executive director of the Jewish Democratic Council of America, wrote on Twitter.

"If this is about Jews being 'loyal' to him, then Trump needs a reality check", she continued.

Jonathan Greenblatt, the head of the Anti-Defamation League, said "charges of disloyalty have long been used to attack Jews", while the American Jewish Committee described the remark as "inappropriate, unwelcome and downright dangerous".

However, the Republican Jewish Committee maintained that Mr Trump was right.

"It shows a great deal of disloyalty to oneself to defend a party that protects/emboldens people that hate you for your religion," it said in a statement.

Recent polls show that roughly 75% of Jewish Americans identify as Democrats.
            The president is accused of using an anti-Semitic trope in criticism of Jewish Democrat voters.
            Blah

Comment

Was Kid's ex-wife a Democrat?

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                The President isn't accusing them of being more loyal to Israel. The opposite is true.

It was still stupid like telling women they can't vote for him.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	anti-christ.png
Views:	29
Size:	389.8 KB
ID:	9379575
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

*facepalm

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	anti-christ.png
Views:	29
Size:	389.8 KB
ID:	9379575
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

The Anti-christ doesn't say "Two Corinthians."

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Neither does a real Christian.

The total blind hypocrisy of evangelicals when it comes to Trump, continues to amaze me.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

That's because you don't know that God uses flawed people, even non-Christians

Comment

Working...
                          X