Whats for Dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    By decentralizing population and moving it to food and material production transport costs that factor into the price of food and durable goods (houses, furniture) made from renewable sources (wood, bamboo, earthen building) will drop as well.
    For economic growth and dynamism you want to conce trate people not disburse people. Mega cities are what we should be aiming.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

For economic growth and dynamism you want to conce trate people not disburse people. Mega cities are what we should be aiming.
      If you want to destroy the planet along with the health of the population and their communities ... that would definitely be a good way to do it.

Comment

Most people in cities are dependent on an elite group corrupt people.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

There is another option if you don't want to go totally meatless:
          Insects

They use plant matter much more efficiently than cattle (or pork or chickens) for the production of meat.
          They also require less space (and grow fast, so you can grow and sell several generations per year)
          And they also can be fed with farming waste that you wouldn't give to other farm animals
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Only a regressive leftist would pressure people to eat insects.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              Only a regressive leftist would pressure people to eat insects.
              In Thailand they are gourmet food
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

In Thailand they are gourmet food
                And yet when you go to the Thai restaurant they don't push bugs down your throat.

Comment

And yet when you go to the Thai restaurant they don't push bugs down your throat.
                  Sure ... in western countries insects are hard to get ...
                  what you get in Thai restaurants usually isn't "real Thai food" ... just some creations accustomed to the taste westerners are used to.

Similar to indian restaurants.
                  If you taste real indian food (with real indian hotness), your mouth will burn for hours afterwards.
                  But usually you will find only few "real indian rstaurants" which actually prepare their food according to real indian hotness

Comment

IOW they don't force people to eat bugs.

Comment

IOW they don't force people to eat bugs.
                      They don't even offer bugs, so they force people to eat food without bugs even if they want to eat food with bugs in them

Comment

Sounds like another unfounded conspiracy theory.

Comment

I do agree with the OP that if everyone went vegetarian then the environmental impact of civilization would be less. I am completely unwilling to do that myself but think it is great if other people do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                            There is another option if you don't want to go totally meatless:
                            Insects

They use plant matter much more efficiently than cattle (or pork or chickens) for the production of meat.
                            They also require less space (and grow fast, so you can grow and sell several generations per year)
                            And they also can be fed with farming waste that you wouldn't give to other farm animals
                            I don’t see westerners switching to insects any time soon though I have heard of many companies using insects for animal feed. Aquaculture is going to be the cheap protein of the future but right now much of it is fed wild caught fish meal which is unsustainable. Black soldier flies reproduce by the millions and their larvae can eat almost anything plus they grow very fast so companies are making food for fish, chickens, and pigs using soldier fly larvae. That is actually very sustainable.

Comment

other companies have created automated systems which are modular in design so you can increase of decrease larvae production to suit your demand. I do think this will be the cheap animal feed of the future replacing fish meal, soy protein feed, and other such things. So we won’t directly be eating insects but we will be eating animals which are mostly insects.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X