Did Reddit kill this forum too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Reddit kill this forum too?

I have not been here in a while, but activity seems placid. Did Reddit kill this forum (I now go there for game info).

However, I still recognize all the old guys, Rah, Dinner, Jrabbit, Bezerker.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

BTW, this forum is really slow. This is one of the reasons that I no longer visit.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

well dont go anywhere, fantasy football is coming up and believe it or not we still do have enough people for multiple leagues, albeit we kinda combined 2-3 sites but it works

Comment

Bah reddit ... who needs them? Apolyton has proven time and time again that it's perfectly capable of killing itself!

Comment

Who is this Reddit guy, and why is this murderous bastard still on the run???
          Blah

Comment

I suppose I could hold down a FF spot if it is not IDP.

Comment

no new blood it's only a matter of time before the place dies

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
                I have not been here in a while, but activity seems placid. Did Reddit kill this forum (I now go there for game info).

However, I still recognize all the old guys, Rah, Dinner, Jrabbit, Bezerker.
                Reddit and social media did drain away a lot of users. So did official publisher sponsored game forums. That said, forums with lots of original content and active communities do remain but sadly you won't find that at Apolyton. We stopped producing original content after Civ4 and everyone interested in that went to either the official forum or CFC.

Original on topic content and constant promotion of the forum on youtube or what not seems to be the only way to keep forums lively these days.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

we usually have at least 2 leagues with one being team defense I think

Comment

Three things.

1. Who TF is Spambot?

2. Dinner, love you man! (Have I been drinking...maybe...???) You are spot on though.

3. Berzerker: Hear you man. Poly timed out on me this morning (multiple times) when trying to access (yeah, looking at you, admin). I'm game for a No DP league, but not here.

Comment

Well Spaced, you're welcome to pay for the server upgrades and someone to maintain it better if you want. I personally don't have the time and am already paying out of pocket to keep this place open at all.

Comment

Personally, I haven't had a timeout here since you last switched servers. Of course by saying that i've jinxed myself and ensured that i'll have a timeout error sometime soon......
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                          Well Spaced, you're welcome to pay for the server upgrades and someone to maintain it better if you want. I personally don't have the time and am already paying out of pocket to keep this place open at all.
                          I feel ya man, however, I have no vested interest in this place and I'm really not much of a Civ fan these days (4 being my pinnacle). All I'm saying is that it limits my visits.

Comment

I bought six but I only play it once a month or so.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Reddits come and
                              go

Comment

Working...
                              X