Half of the planet's population are potential x-men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half of the planet's population are potential x-men

An ancient mutation that spread through humans after the advent of cooking may protect people against high blood sugar and diabetes today, scientists have said.

Researchers at University College London (UCL) discovered the mutation while studying a gene called CLTCL1, which is heavily involved in removing sugar from the bloodstream.

While a certain amount of blood sugar is necessary to provide energy to the brain and other organs, too much leads to type 2 diabetes, where the body loses its ability to control how much sugar is circulating.

The scientists found that about half the world’s population carries a mutation that helps the body to clear sugar from the circulation more effectively than in the past.

(snipsnap)
    full: https://www.theguardian.com/science/...es-study-finds

The next movie should be about Diabeto saving the world.

That being said, does somebody remember the X-Men movie where Prof Xavier and Wolverine had these funny costumes?

Blah

There was a character in Misfits who had the power of Lactokinesis. He would kill people by controlling the lactose in their bloodstream.

He was defeated by a character with lactose intolerance and so was immune to his powers.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Lactokinesis is the power to manipulate dairy-based products, like a more specific form of telekinesis. Brian is the only character to have displayed this ability. Brian shows that he was first able to manipulate milk. He was able to collect spilt milk together and then be able to make milk from a bottle travel into his cereal. Brian then displayed how he was able to use his ability to manipulate other dairy products and use this to kill people. This is done by manipulating the dairy products wi

Comment

Unusual superpowers

Bah, seems I messed up the pic link in the OP.
        Blah

Comment

All life is always undergoing evolution.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
            There was a character in Misfits who had the power of Lactokinesis. He would kill people by controlling the lactose in their bloodstream.

He was defeated by a character with lactose intolerance and so was immune to his powers.
            Some character can manipulate lactose content but is defeated by someone who dies (or get seriously sick when confronted with lactose) ???? My head has a problem to accept the logic.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post

That being said, does somebody remember the X-Men movie where Prof Xavier and Wolverine had these funny costumes?

Yeah, that's every X-Man movie. :\
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I've found it again

Blah

Comment

Cyclops has a tan!
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post

Some character can manipulate lactose content but is defeated by someone who dies (or get seriously sick when confronted with lactose) ???? My head has a problem to accept the logic.
                    It’s a show about superpowers given to chavs and ASBO kids.... And you look for logic?

Comment

Working...
                    X