Best movie of all time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best movie of all time.

So, in my humble opinion, there are only three contenders. 1) Casablanca 2) Gone with the Wind 3) Lawrence of Arabia. Tell us your uninformed and wrong ideas about which movie could ever conceivably be better than those three. Thank you.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

A version of Casablanca with Ilsa removed or transformed into someone who is not a repulsive hypocritical harpy dreamed up by screenwriters who didn't think women had meaningful moral agency. Also, a less cardboard war hero. Bogart and the crooked French cop were awesome.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The movie industry is young and constantly evolving. It seems really unlikely that the best movie ever came out 60 or 70 years ago.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

While the Godfather gets a lot of love, I'll go with the first 60 minutes of Stripes.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Classic movies that don't get old for me are for example "Judgement at Nuremberg" and "The Appartment". They may not be the best ever, but certainly evar

Blah

Comment

Gone With The Wind
            To Kill a Mockingbird
            To Sir, With Love
            Last edited by SlowwHand; June 3, 2019, 20:44.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

comedies: Blazing Saddles, Its a Mad Mad, Mad Mad World, Dumb and Dumber
              War: Patton, Kelly's Heroes, Saving Private Ryan
              SciFi: Aliens, Alien, 2001, Planet of the Apes
              fantasy: The Lord of the Rings, Avatar
              cops/robbers: Beverly Hills Cop, Another 24 Hours, The Usual Suspects, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Silence of the Lambs
              western: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Once Upon a Time in the West, The Magnificent Seven
              horror: Poltergeist, Jaws, Carrie, The Omen
              Last edited by Berzerker; June 3, 2019, 22:52.

Comment

I agree with Berz that a genre-based breakdown makes sense.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Good list Berz, but I don't know about dumb and dumber though.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Pffft! Whatever movie this is from obviously deserves to be in the list!
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

comedies: Army of Darkness
                      War: Army of Darkness
                      SciFi: Army of Darkness
                      fantasy: Army of Darkness
                      cops/robbers: Army of Darkness
                      western: Army of Darkness
                      horror: Army of Darkness

Comment

The 7 Armies of Darkness shall be nevar defeated!
                        Blah

Comment

Made me actually look it up. I doubt I'll be looking for it on netflix
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You're really missing out. It's all sorts of awesome.

Comment

So many to choose from........... " Citizen Cain " has to be the best ever made. IMHO

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                                -Jrabbit commented
                                Editing a comment
                                If you actually believe that Citizen Kane is the best movie ever, I have to agree that it's a truly humble opinion.
                            Working...
                            X