Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raise your hand if you've spent time under a tornado...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise your hand if you've spent time under a tornado...

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

(raisng both hands means no, I declare)
    Blah

Comment

A small one. Touched down briefly in my friends' yard, (I was visiting at the time) knocking over a couple of mature trees, then leapfrogged over her house and a few other buildings before touching down again and taking out a few more trees and ripping the siding and shingles off a house. No-one injured, very little damage.

...So what happened MM?
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I've been through a hurricane but never a tornado that was that close. The closest was just at the horizon.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Literally under a tornado, no. Within a 1/4 mile of one touching down, yes.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Well, that is something you don't see every day. I am glad you are not dead.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sloww, have you been under lots of tornadoes, or are you also happy that I am not dead?

I was under the Linwood tornado of May 28, 2019, an EF4 that hopped over my house at the last minute. I lost a forty-five foot tall tree that towered over my little house; fortunately it fell away from my house. No other damage, AFAIK. Cat herding with a tornado bearing down on you is "fun"!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    Sloww, have you been under lots of tornadoes, or are you also happy that I am not dead?

Both.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                    X