No announcement yet.

So Dererys is the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point was not necessarily that you, personally, should take an SSRI; I know little of your situation. But you implied that there was something terribly dangerous or unhealthy about SSRIs--that they were worse than alcohol. There's more than enough reason to believe that that statement is untrue. For starters, nobody gets killed by a driver who's had too much Paxil.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

They have their lives ruined though. By unessecarily making them sexless listless zombies for decades. Nobody lost his life to two beers.
      See how easy it is?

Anyway, I repeat that I do appreciate your help and discard your statement

Comment

Going out and not drinking is stupid, unless you're on one of my ritualistic sabbaticals. If you're not, which is best if you're not, I never go anywahere with car. Because I'm going home smiling like a moron in a taxi.
        I appriceiate everything you and lori said. But now I'm talking to a girl and hope has again swollen my battered heart. I don't need SSRIs to pump my serotonin levels. Anxiety and erotonin are pushed in equal measures as we speak with that girl on their own

P.s. I made a typo and said "erotonin" instead of "Serotonin". And as you know "eros" means love. I made up a new word. Erotonin. Plus Tonic (tonoticos) means tonic. So love+tonic = erotonin.

Thank me later

P.S. (because rah told me not to make repeated posts)

Following the good will, responsibility (and if I can make a pun) sobriety and seriousness with which you and lori approached me and the issue, I feel obligated to point out that that accute and absoilutely terryfying sense of suicidal tendency that I even today am too scared to conteplate for too long was brought not by an SSRI (I'm 90% sure of that) but by something else,, another drug that I really don't remember the name of. I tried searching for it but couldn't find it.
        So I'm just letting this info here.
        Last edited by Bereta_Eder; June 2, 2019, 06:24.

Comment

While I support drug use when necessary, and I think that some alcohol use is self medication, I prefer lifestyle changes and recommend them to others.

Things like walking a lot, changing diet (sugar and alcohol can both appear very positive in the short term but are negative diet wise), being thankful (to God, or just generally), spending time with people who are longterm positive (instead of short term positive or screens or etc).

JM
          (I think that sex can provide short term good feeling like sugar/alcohol, and has it's place especially with longterm positive people, but plenty of people use it to self-medicate and so it can become destructive)
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yes! and there's an amazing amount of scientific evidence that points out to both the inneficiency and life corosiveness as well as inutility of drugs including and particualrly of SSRIs. Like studies being done on severe depression patients and how SSRIs only maybe work for them. How they completely short circuit brain function and a bazzilion other things.

But there's only one thing: do they work for you? and if they work for you in a way that you can tolerate their side-effects, great.

But there's also something to be said about the short comings of today's psychiatry and about CHOICE. About perserverence. Not for all. You can't will diabetes out of your system but maybe you can will yourself out of bed without insulin. (or other medication).

Choice has conserquences and you have to know them to make that choice. To know that a relaxing massage can have more therapeutic influence than a 60 dollar/euro session of psychoanalysis. To know that simply folloiwng two fingers around with your eyes can save you years of useless CBT.

To know that it's a choice to will yourself out of bed and work and live and love.

Being functional or alive is not my personal concern anymore. What is, is following established dead end patterns over and over

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
              Things like walking a lot, changing diet (sugar and alcohol can both appear very positive in the short term but are negative diet wise), being thankful (to God, or just generally), spending time with people who are longterm positive (instead of short term positive or screens or etc).
              Pretty sure I've told you this before but in general people with depression find this to be incredibly unhelpful advice. And by that I don't mean "people with depression don't like to hear this" but "people with depression have almost certainly tried a **** of a lot of solutions, including these, and the knowledge that it may actually have worked for others but not themselves just makes them feel worse, ultimately exacerbating the symptoms of depression."
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah, I understand.

Still doesn't mean it isn't worth saying occasionally.

JM
                (I was never diagnosed as depressed, but there were a number of years were I pretty regularly had the symptoms of depression)
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Also, I think sometimes medication is necessary.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                    No, they produce all sort of weird sh!t.
                    Plus 90% of the patients who take them, get all the sideeffects (and they are nasty) and no benefits.
                    Alcohol will get you drunk for a period of time (when you'll need it) and then it's bye with no or little side effects.
                    The main reason why it lasted 5.000 years and SSRIs have started being qustioned justin a few decades of their creation
                    The main reason alcohol lasted 5000 years is because the drinking water had poo in it.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

That is a sound point.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Stupidpoint.
                        What about lasting 5000 after boiling water was discovered?

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                          Stupidpoint.
                          What about lasting 5000 after boiling water was discovered?
                          Alcohol still had a longer shelf-life than normal water
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

and rightly so I might add

Comment

A small addition.
                              A temporary love interest of mine was and is on SSRIs (as I found out) for years upon years. She told me when she tried to cut back, anxiety re-approached with a vengance.
                              She had some really really brutal confrontations with lady luck the goddess luck in her years.
                              I humbly accept everything there is about SSRIs.

Now, a personal opinion. we talked about stuff. And I got angry because she seems to justify peoples frecked up behaviors. I don't know what that means.

I mean. Don't justify. Freck them up. Of course, if you feel alone in the world, you can't "rock the boat". But we are all alone in the end. And your parents that died loved you and God loves you. I got into trouble for the 2nd one

Comment

Working...
                              X