Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncanny

Comment

what an amazing song. I fail to see how it related to bioenginerring and ethics though,

Mariza Koch (cook in german) is the love child of a german soldier and a greek woman during WW2.

her father was propably killed by the greek resistance. He wasn't a nazi.

Her voice is mezmerizing and she pushed greek culture miles ahead in my humble opinion, giving birth toi new musical styles and cementing old folklore in today's mass consciousness

Comment

The lyrics are the poem of Kavadias. A great poet. An obscure and legendary sailor who waves new worlds with each word. He only gave one interview in all his life. He has traveled all over the world. "If I hadn't lived the things I wrote about, I'd be a great poet" he once said and the irony blows up your mind.

Comment

while fata morgana is her wide apogee, it's my second favorite song. It talks about the mirage of a woman that you chase but never find.
          my favorite is this

this is old folklore seeding ominous warnings about not crossing to the sea side.

Comment

like a million helminths

Comment

The refugee crisis coupled with the financial crisis produced systemic shocks for Greece. Which it withstood with exceptional grace. The greek soul has repeadedly proven its resilience.

The millions of syrians flooding the Greek gates made Koch write a book about her life. A book she dedicated to the "children of war" wishing they receive all the enormous love she received.

How she and her sister came to be was:

It was ww2. Her mother had taken ship from Lesbos to athens for some business. Athens was under occupation, for that time. Her mother's bysiness also entaield having some photos developped. At that shop a german soldier went and his eyesight fell on koch's mother's photos. He swore he never had seen a more beautiful woman in his life. He stood there nights and days untill Koch's mother went to take her photos. The german soldier spoke flawless ancient greek. Koch's mother modern greek.
              They managed to comunicate and her mother and the german soldier dissapeared from the world for some time.

The greek resistance (mainly ferocious greek communists) were marching on sparing no nazi in their path. Something that goes on untill today btw. Koch's father had to flee. But it was certain, that if he made it out alive, after the war, he would come back. He was killed.

Koch was raised through hardships but also great love in Lesbos. Her musical talent became apparent from a very little age.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Co...DULpvY&index=5

this song talks about an ungratedful woman and the victim of her cruelty, a young man traveling to a grand witch in the african continent to perfom a ritual in order to save his bleeding heart
                Amazing as well. The soundcolors of mournful and just complaint is something.
                technically the music is rebetika.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X