Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camelot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conque..._for_the_Grail

great game I used to play (but didnt finish) when I was little.

The myth of arthur and camelot. I read about it in the manual. Turns out it is after 500 AD or something. I' d imagine it'd be far far older than that considering how vague it is.

I mean in 500 AD we knew what color the emperor's underwear was, let alone the empress. We knew every detail of the byzantine empire. It was like modern times.

In england 500 AD they were savages banging themselves on the head creating "myths".

It's amazing the difference in scale. Must be why they stole the marbles.

I'd imagine something Greek, in order to be so vague as the arthur myth (which is quite good, considering) would need to be something in the vicinity of 10.000 years before Christ in order to be this vague.

Something like the thracians. In north eastern Greece.
    Greeks feared noone because they considered everyone a savage. And a savage is not to be feared but tamed or killed. Or assimilated.

But there was only one type of savage people (some say half-greeks) that the Greeks did fear and did everything not to anger them. The Thracians.

A mystery encircles these ancient people. Strange rituals, fueled by (what today we call) psychedelic drugs.
    A savage reverence

Comment

So you're saying you lost your marbles and were gossiping about the color of the emperor's panties?

Comment

Let's not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Let's not go OT in a camel thread
          Blah

Comment

Alright. Stop the OT! It has gotten silly!

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

A Joust ... the holy land ... so I guess the game is incorrectly placed in a high medieval setting (i.e. in accordance with the narrative of Geoffrey of Monmouth),
              instead of a more correct setting during the waning days of the western roman empire (where the Basileia ton Romaion (or byzantine empire, as we call it today) still was an important power)
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I remember playing that game way back in the day.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I remember reading Prince Valiant way back in the day.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                    A Joust ... the holy land ... so I guess the game is incorrectly placed in a high medieval setting (i.e. in accordance with the narrative of Geoffrey of Monmouth),
                    instead of a more correct setting during the waning days of the western roman empire (where the Basileia ton Romaion (or byzantine empire, as we call it today) still was an important power)
                    Indeed. For example jousting was seeing as a corrupted franscish vice by the byzantines. Doing something lethal and war - like, for game. It was discarded as bullsh!t practise.
                    And yes the empire at that time was giving pain left and right to arabs, latins, mongols. Whoever. latins were destroyed anyway (by the german tribes)

Comment

Working...
                    X