Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is France the last bastion of reason and sanity on this planet???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is France the last bastion of reason and sanity on this planet???

Perhaps all that's certain after fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld's death at age 85 Tuesday is that his beloved cat Choupette -- a celebrity in her own right -- will continue to live the cushy lifestyle she grew accustomed to under his care.

Choupette, a Burmese cat, stands to inherit a chunk of the designer's estimated $300 million net worth, after he wrote her into his will in 2015, according to Le Figaro.
    (long snip)
    Though Lagerfeld is German, the pair resided in France, where the law prohibits pets from inheriting their owners' wealth. German law, however, allows one's wealth to be transferred to an animal.

full: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/karl-la...e-richest-pet/
    Blah

Reason and sanity"
    by perhaps the measure of any objective ego'
    have never existed on this planet
    in such scale to be applied to nation state
    or any other organization of humans
    at best, these qualities are marginally developed in the thoughtful few who spend a shred of time thinking about such things
    I would never want to see the data on that, if it were available. It would raise my disappointment in the beings that occupy this planet, securing their power with extraordinary wicked destructive forces, daring to claim any such noble qualities.

Comment

I condemn all nations of Earth as primitive, illegitimate, abusive manifestations of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by COckney View Post
        I condemn all nations of Earth as primitive, illegitimate, abusive manifestations of evil.
        Hey! Comparing nations of earth to primitive, illegitimate, abusive manifestations of evil is insulting to primitive, illegitimate, abusive manifestations of evil.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Speaking of evil, did they model Bond-villain Blofeld after this Karl Lagerfeld guy?

Sure, Blofeld looked totally different with his lack of hair, but then there was his cat ....
          Blah

Comment

What happens when the cat dies?
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I am sure that France will eagerly claim the assets since the cat cannot have a will or heirs of its own.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I don't net to read the post to be able to answer the title.

No, it's impossible for France to be a nation of sanity.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Well, they've only been rioting for the past twelve straight weekends. In terms of contiguous blocks of weekend riots, I mean. Intermittently before that.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Probably most of them rioters are pet owners...
                    Blah

Comment

When the cat dies the state will take the money, so the German government made a good choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X