Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

I’m trying to write a Star Wars story about a scientist who is working on something in the era of the New Republic. He does not believe in the Force. I just need something for him to be researching. It really isn’t that important to the story; it just has to sound cool and scientific.It can NOT be game-changing or something that can alter the story in a dramatic way. Also it can’t already have been done in Legends or Canon. I want a fresh idea.

It cannot be

- A time machine

-A teleporter

-A matter replicator

-A singularity Weapon

- Any type of droid

-Anything to do with holograms

-A food synthesizer

- Anything to do with the Force or Midi-chlorians

- A shrink ray

-A freeze ray

-pico and femtotechnology

-A Dyson sphere or any type of megastructure.

-Liquid metal armor or a nano morph

-Any improvements on the hyperdrive

-Limb regeneration

-Hyperspace nullifier

-Holodeck

- Knowledge Transfer (Instant learning like in the Matrix)

-Philosophers Stone

-Kinetic weapons

-Solar sail

-Anything to do with kyber crystals

-Gene editing

-Mech suit

-Exosuit

-Gender change

In canon, during the Empire, scientists were researching methods to control droids, lasers that can punch through deflector shields and ship scale disintigrators. These ideas are therefore taken.

Send a Private Message to a poster named "spambot"

He is a Star Trek guru.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Social Impact of Hypergalactic Spam Generators

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        Social Impact of Hypergalactic Spam Generators
        How about the social impact of disappearing posts?
        Seriously, what happened? Did a Hypergalactic Spam Generator Malfunction and eat them all?
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Time warp! Just the time it took to get the database transferred to the new server and things functioning again.

Comment

A laser flowbee.
            Blah

Comment

Something that has to do with sex ...
              everything finally revolves around sex
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                A laser flowbee.
                Use of The Force for cosmetic surgery.
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

He should be bio engineering the universe’s largest penis.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Hmm, the first 5 or 6 things I came up with are all on your prohibited list.

How about a method of synthesizing cheap and plentiful dilithium crystals? [Edit: Sorry, that's Star Trek...]
                    Or perhaps the robotic harvesting of "star stuff" as it's ejected from a sun?
                    Last edited by -Jrabbit; February 7, 2019, 18:40.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Carbon fiber space ship hulls.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

How about droids without souls so their entire economy isn't predicated on slavery and torture?
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Depends on the time of your story...
                          I like the idea of following the development TIE Fighter and derivatives. The Assault Gunboat has never been featured in film AFAIK. Perhaps follow the dev path of a fighter. TIE Advanced maybe.

"this obsession with mass destruction has brought us nothing!"

Comment

It seems that Star Wars militaries never invented the fusion bomb.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              Hmm, the first 5 or 6 things I came up with are all on your prohibited list.

How about a method of synthesizing cheap and plentiful dilithium crystals? [Edit: Sorry, that's Star Trek...]
                              Or perhaps the robotic harvesting of "star stuff" as it's ejected from a sun?
                              That second one was from a Stargate series.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X