Superbowl Commercial Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superbowl Commercial Thread 2019

I liked the corn syrup commercials as genuinely funny, annoyed Harrison Ford, and Alexa hitting the eject button on the hot tub and cycling the power on the east coast. Not a bad showing.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

was there a best? I barely paid attention to the game and was off doing other things during the ads

Comment

The best was not actually a commercial. The 100 year football promo. I doubt many could name every star that was in it. But there were a lot of old favorites.
      I also liked the H. Ford dog Alexa commercial. "ordering sausage" he plays a good grumpy old man.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Tom Hanks doesn't seem particularly socially aware regarding working conditions at Amazon facilities.

Comment

Best Harrison Ford performance in quite awhile.

Also, kudos to Bud Light for changing the conversation from "Budweiser uses rice instead of good ol' American barley or wheat" to "those other guys use corn syrup." Winning by spinning!
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            The best was not actually a commercial. The 100 year football promo. I doubt many could name every star that was in it. But there were a lot of old favorites.
            I also liked the H. Ford dog Alexa commercial. "ordering sausage" he plays a good grumpy old man.
            I don't think Ford acts anymore. He's just paid to show up and be Harrison Ford.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Then good casting.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I didn't know Ford acted, I thought he always showed up before the cameras as himself

kinda like Chuck Norris

Comment

seems some farmers are upset over the Bud Light ad about corn syrup

Comment

Let them drink Coors Light!
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I half expected the Coors Castle to turn into a Monty Python sendup.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                      X